UTI - Normal Pelvic pain - contractions?

Rhapsodi

Reaction score
This weekend I have had A LOT of pain, pressure, cramps on and off all around my pelvis.
Most often the pain goes away (or lessens) when I'm sitting and increase significantly when I stand.
I have had back pain and period like cramps on and off too. I think those could be BH as they are irregular.

I have had many UTIs since I've been pregnant and the feeling has been similar. I am GBS positive.

Thoughts? Is this just normal pelvic pain? Or should I ask for a UTI test tomorrow when I see my mw? I don't know if it's really worth mentioning.

If you suspect a uti then yes it is worth mentioning as a uti cam bring on contractions and painful bh. Its best to be safe. GL!

I agree with the PP. If you suspect it, mention it. I had a UTI at 28w with my first pregnancy and ended up in L&D with preterm contractions and had to have 2 terbutaline injections to stop them.

I had uti in my first pregnancy the pain was horrid to point it was worse than labour. The pain was constant, no matter what i did what position i got into it still hurt like crazy.

Wee here normally checked at every appt for uti, its deffo worth checking over.

My mw did do a UA. So far it looks good. She is doing a culture to check for GBS. I'm sure that will come back positive.

For me UTIs haven't hurt. I did once have some achiness but never pain. Which was why I wasn't sure.

Thanks all for your thoughts!

That's my guess.
But the feeling is so similar I wasn't sure.

Last night when I got up baby was really high again and today the pelvic pain has been mild. By the time of my appointment baby was getting lower again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->