UTI or not?

jjbump

Reaction score
Hi all,

Went to the doctor's today for a routine check and took along a urine sample. My doctor told me the leukocytes were 'plus two' and protein was 'plus one' (whatever that means), so as a precaution she has prescribed antibiotics and has sent off my sample for lab testing.

I don't feel any pain when urinating, although I know this doesn't necessarily mean no UTI, but I just don't want to pump my body with antibiotics for the sake of it. I wasn't sure how serious the 'plus two' and 'plus one' are, but I'm just concerned that I may not actually have a UTI.

I know having a UTI during pregnancy is very serious, so should I just take the antibiotics or wait until the test results come back with a definitive answer?

I've never had symptoms when I had a UTI. I would take the antibiotics.

Leukocytes are the 'waste product' of bacteria, so it means you have bacteria in your urinary tract somewhere. Take the antibiotics.

i usually get UTIs every 3-4 months and never get symptoms... i have to get checked every month because I was born with extra kidneys and i'm prone to infections but wouldn't spot them without being checked

you should have been subscribed antibiotics which are safe to take in pregnancy so it will be fine to take them :)

weirdly I've only had one infection since becoming pregnant, really early on, so it looks like pregnancy suits me! :thumbup:

Thanks ladies. I'll take the antibiotics. x

4th pregnancy to have taken antibiotics always ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"