UTI When TTC...need advice

girlttc

Reaction score
Hi,

My husband and I have been TTC almost a year now. Last week a few days after ovulation, I took an "early" home pregnancy test 4 days before AF was due and it was positive. I was very excited and starting having pregnancy symptoms, but about 3-4 days later, I had a splitting headache and took a home pregnancy test and it was negative. That night I had to go to the ER because my headache, nausea and frequent urination were actually because I had a UTI. And the doctor confirmed I was not pregnant, AND at the same time I started my period.

I have no idea if I was pregnant and it never implanted, or I was pregnant and the UTI interfered, or if the UTI caused a "false positive" on that home pregnancy test which I find hard to believe.

Anyway, I am on a cycle of antibiotics now, and I am still urinating every few minutes. I am halfway through the antibiotics so I am scared they are not working, and my hubby and I are due to start trying again in about 1.5 weeks. My antibiotics will be over by then. Would it be okay if my hubby and I start trying again at that time? Should I get an OPK so that we only do it for a few days? What about my UTI still being there, or coming back, or better yet what if I get pregnant and the UTI causes it not to succeed again? I am so confused about the UTI business...please help me...

Drink plenty of water so you flush the infection out of your body. Stay away from sugary foods and drinks also. Finish the entire rx of antibiotics so your infection doesn't come back even worse off! Hopefully if you feel better you can start back to trying again without any worries :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->