Utterly self indulgent whinge

pinkmonki

Reaction score
Evening ladies,

I know this isn't exactly the right place for a good old moan, but as previously discussed.. I don't feel comfortable in third Tri so I'm moaning here instead.. :blush:

The baby engaged this afternoon and I've been contracting ever since. Now, I KNOW I'm not in labour (contractions are all over the place and too short for a start) but that makes it worse in a sense because I'm in pain for sod all :cry: They're not braxton Hicks, they start at the top of the bump and move downwards in a wave of tightening, strong enough to stop me talking and having to focus my breathing and lasting around 50 seconds. They're averaging out at every 10 mins although that's give or take a few mins either way with each one (see not labour, just annoying!)

This happened with my son too, but not 'til 36 weeks so I really wasn't expecting it this early. However, by the same token at least I've had it before so I'm not worried.

Anyway, I'm thoroughly pissed off, in pain and feeling sorry for myself. I can't bear the thought of spending the next 8 weeks like this :cry:

Sorry for the self indulgent post.. I just needed to vent somewhere where I'm not going to get a tonne of 'OMG go to hospital right now because you cannot possibly know your own body and baby might frikkin' fall out prematurely ' responses.. :dohh:

Freakin fall out! lol!

Sounds like you need some relief. For me, if there is a worse bit of early labour, it was those slightly annoying tightenings you get - as you say, I wouldn't relish having those for weeks on end!! I really feel for you. What a pain in the bump!

It wouldn't be advisable to try your TEN machine at this stage, but you could try massage with some essential oils. I would also be looking at my diet to make sure I was getting enough salts - as a lack of them, can make cramping more intense. Potassium from bananas, calcium from cheese, sodium from table salt, etc you can look those all up on the net.. (don't go mad on the table salt - you don't want to get high blood pressure!.. it's all about balance)
I would be trying all the different positions to get to one that feels comfortable, you could try this cool salsa technique my MW did with me in early labour. I lent on the bathroom radiator (it's quite high, so a kitchen worktop would be about right) pushed my bottom right out and curled right in again, feet hip distance apart and swayed about my bum in a figure of 8 - it was great relief.
I hope you get some let up..
XxX

It honestly wouldn't have occurred to me to think about my diet, but you may be onto something there. I'll buy some bananas today and try to up my calcium intake too. I'm lightly lactose intolerant so dairy produce isn't something I partake of very often but anything is worth a go.

I finally found some relief by sitting on my birthing ball and getting the OH to massage my back, and they thankfully eased off completely late last night. Now, If only I could encourage this baby of mine to pop back out of my pelvis so I could walk in a manner more befitting a human and less like an ape/duck hybrid I'd be a happy momma.

I suspect last night was a good dose of my body giving me the 'O RLY' (Love LOL cats) treatment as I'd been talking about the remaining baby related items we need to buy and saying how convinced I was that baby was going to be way late so there was no rush to buy the last of the stuff... Cue engaging baby and contractions lol. If this baby is anything like it's momma, it'll come at 37 weeks just to spite me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->