Vacuuming/hoovering

B

bv82

Mia was never afraid of the vacuum cleaner, but recently she begins to scream and shake when I turn it on.
I am moving today, so I really need to clean the carpet, but I cannot do it!
And the saddest thing was that she was crawling towards me and the vacuum cleaner, and when she reached me she got up holding onto my leg and started clinging to me. I feel like a terrible mom.

its probably the sudden change in noise level....cud u not maybe try and get her used to loud noises like maybe put a hair dryer on show her that loud noise isnt bad and gradully work ur way up to the hoover and put that on but whilst she is in a seperate room and make jokes about how noisy the vacum is and then be like shall we go tell the vacum hes being to noisy LMAO sorry if that sounds so sad but thats prob wat id do to try n get her used to it xx

oh bless her :hugs: we're were talking about this earlier - maddi likes mine, but cries and get scared of mums :dohh: their the same make and model and everything though :dohh: x

Jack absolutely hates the hoover too, he shakes & throws himself back when it comes on, then screams. If there is someone else here, I will have them to cuddle him while I am doing it, but if we are alone & I have no choice but to do it, I will hold him when it first comes on then he usually calms down after a few moments though as I try to talk him through it & pull faces etc. It is horrible to see him when it first comes on though:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->