Vaginal Birth after C-Section

momNatasha

Reaction score
Hello ladies. I'd like to listen to your experiences with VBAC (vaginal birth after C-section).. I'll tell you a little bit about my previous deliveries:

My first child was born naturally.

My second child was born via C-section because she remained high in the pelvis as I was told by my ob/gyn though I was dilating and having severe natural contractions.

Now this is my third pregnancy and my new ob/gyn assured me that I could deliver naturally and he's ready to perform VBAC.

I'm concerned because this pregnancy was not planned and it happened only after 7 months from having my C-section, which means that the gap between my two deliveries would only be 15 months.

Any similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I had vbac with my second I never laboured 1st time as she was cord prolapse so straight out,

But my vbac birth was very difficult due to other reasons he was full back back very posterior, so very difficult to push out, took 2 hours but I did give birth naturally with no help other hand bleed very bad and had 3rd degree tear. But as you have labored before it probably won't be an issue,
I also gave birth in March and was a lot more easier 6 hours labor and didn't even have to push! X

Natural on number 1
Section on 2 as she was brow, so I labored for 12 hours then they decided it wasn't happenin
Vbac on 3, I was induced on 3 as she was 15 days late, they monitored me and that was about it really, not sure of it was through being induced or not that I found the contractions very intense but I was examined at 5.56pm and they said I was 4cm. When he finished the exam I was ready to deliver and had her at 6.06. It happened very fast x
Good luck x

I had vbac with my second I never laboured 1st time as she was cord prolapse so straight out,

But my vbac birth was very difficult due to other reasons he was full back back very posterior, so very difficult to push out, took 2 hours but I did give birth naturally with no help other hand bleed very bad and had 3rd degree tear. But as you have labored before it probably won't be an issue,
I also gave birth in March and was a lot more easier 6 hours labor and didn't even have to push! X

thanks for your reply bettybee. I have one question: how long was the gap between your C-section delivery and vbac delivery?

I've had 10 natural delivery s number 11 was crash section due to cord prolapse and number 12 I went for vbac but unfortunately baby was distressed whilst trying to push had another section and later found out that cord was round his neck arms and legs!! So no chance of him coming normally had that not happened he would have come out fine roughly 19-20 months between both x

thanks for your reply bettybee. I have one question: how long was the gap between your C-section delivery and vbac delivery?

It was 2 years hun buy I tried to get pregnant 6 months after section and my doctor said that's fine as by time.i would of given birth it would of been 1 year xx

I had 18 months between section (emergency for failure to progress and foetal distress) and vbac - I was continually monitored but other than that, I refused any other treatments/interventions that a first timer wouldn't have had. They wanted various things like nil-by-mouth and a cannula inserted 'just in case' and I told them no. I had him in the pool :) (waterproof monitor)

I was advised to wait six months before getting pregnant again to let the incision heal.

Mine were 19 months apart. I know that the risk of your uterus rupturing goes up if the space is anything under 18 months, but it's not by much. I recall my OB (who is up to date on his research) saying it was 2% instead of 1%..or something like that. If you do rupture, the baby has to be taken out right away so make sure you give birth at a hospital that can handle an emergency c-section.

My sister had a vbac and had her incision scanned by ultrasound to assess it's thickness/strength. My ob told me it's not a reliable way of predicting a rupture. He said multiple technicians will come up with a different measurement.

My mom had me 15 months after having a c-section with my brother and things were fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->