Vaginal Birth or C-Section

My first child was born by emergency c-section and my daughter born nearly 6 weeks ago was a successfull vaginal birth. After experiencing both i can safely say that the vaginal birth was a million times better. The agony after having a section was awful, i could barely walk, couldnt pick my baby up which was horrible because everytime he cryed in hospital i had to ring for the midwife to pick him up for me. The pain to cough and sneeze etc was just awful too !The car journey home from hospital i cryed the entire way home as i was so sore and uncomfortable. I cant imagine being in such pain and having a toddler etc to look after.

With the vaginal birth i was up and about the same day, i did have stitches and was slightly sore obviuosly but nothing compared to having a section. I was able to pick up my baby feed her etc and i was shopping in matalan 4 days later ! with the section i stayed home for weeks as it hurt too much!! plus you cant drive for 6 weeks after.

The agony after having a section was awful, i could barely walk, couldnt pick my baby up which was horrible because everytime he cryed in hospital i had to ring for the midwife to pick him up for me. .

My friend was up and walking her baby to soothe her the night after her c section (in hopsital). She also drove after 2 weeks...wonder if her insurance company knew though?!
Just goes to show that every c sectio experience is different as is every vaginal birth. Who knows which one we'll get?!:wacko:

i had my baby a month ago. he weighed in 6 pound 6 ozs. i relly wnted section but they wouldnt give me 1, they said that i was young n fit n der ws on need 4 1. i ws cut n tore and found it painful aswel but my friend had her baby 2 weeks before me n she had a section n she thought it was terrible i was up the town with my new baby n she was stuck in the hus cos she hardly couldnt walk n was in a lot of pain with her section she also got infection. now im gld i didnt go 4 a section

May I say I have had 3 sections and had no problems breastfeeding with any of them.

Tinytoes I think you should go with whatever your happy with.. And, be happy with your decision, it doesn't matter what other people think, not everyone will agree, but thats ok too :hugs: your very tense and maybe a tad uptight about it, but don't let it worry you.. just try and think, ahhh who cares!! :)

:hugs:

I have no desire to have surgery...I hate needles (the thought of one in my SPINE creeps me out) and I just had abdominal surgery last April...don't want another one....vaginal for me please!

Tinytoes I think you should go with whatever your happy with.. And, be happy with your decision, it doesn't matter what other people think, not everyone will agree, but thats ok too :hugs: your very tense and maybe a tad uptight about it, but don't let it worry you.. just try and think, ahhh who cares!! :)

:hugs:

uptight me? never!...blasted hormones...:rofl::muaha:

I would have to say vaginal as well. I had a difficult birth with my son (forceps,vacuum) and was told that the possibility of a section was there with my daughter as my son was way smaller and I had so much trouble. I decided to wing it and see what happens instead of opting for an elective section and I'm so happy I did as I was able to deliver her just fine with no complications. Its been a week and a day and I don't feel ANY pain, pretty sure my stitches have completely healed already and I feel normal, like I never gave birth last week :rofl: I doubt I would feel like this right now if I had, had a section.

It sounds like your difficulties in the past were from your episiotimies. I would definitely discuss with your caregiver NOT doing one & letting things tear if need be - I have heard the healing from this tends to be better.

As well, have you done any reading on methods to help prepare your perineum for birth. You can do some massage in the weeks beforehand & during the birth there are things that can be done to assist with this as well. It is possible to give birth without tearing or cutting - although I don't know that it is possible for all births. It may be worth trying though.

My friend was up and walking her baby to soothe her the night after her c section (in hopsital). She also drove after 2 weeks...wonder if her insurance company knew though?!
Just goes to show that every c sectio experience is different as is every vaginal birth. Who knows which one we'll get?!:wacko:

Oh the night after the section i picked him up, but it was a hell of a lot more painful in comparison to a vaginal delivery.
I drove 4 weeks after, didnt know about the insurance thing at the time though !

i had both c section and vaginal my c section scan still gives me hassle now after 5 yrs it itches and hurts now im pg again so i would always have a vaginal even tho it hurts lol

I just had abdominal surgery last April...don't want another one....QUOTE]

I had vaginal surgery and want to avoid trauma there, so snap (ish!).
You know, we do all this planning and thinking and it'll all be forgotten about this time next year...in fact, I'm sure it'll be a breeze whatever we choose! It cant be THAt bad can it...can it...so many women choose both options every day....it'll be fine..(Today I've decided that ignorance is bliss!..:rofl:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->