Vaginal Birth or Elective CS?!

Rachel320

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Looking for personal experiences/advice about elective c-section with second baby after vaginal birth with first baby.

I gave birth to my first child 2.5 years ago and had an extremely long labour which resulted with pethidine, epidural, 2 failed manual turns, episiotomy and Keiland rotational forceps in theatre. My daughter was 8lbs9oz and was stubbornly back to back. Recovery (physically and mentally in equal measure) took a long time and I feared my pelvic floor would never completely heal - thank goodness it did!

I am now 30 weeks pregnant with my second baby and stuck between a rock and a hard place regarding delivery. I could try vaginal birth again, risking damaging my pelvic floor again (perhaps permanently although chances are low) or even prolapsing. Or electing for a c-section, which is major surgery that I’ve never experienced before - although I would have the support (my husband is off work for 4 weeks). I want to protect my pelvic floor but also my mental health as the issues I had last time really affected me - but I know there’s no guarantee with either option!

Any ladies who had a traumatic vaginal delivery, and then had a c-section with second baby? How did this compare? TIA xxx

What does your dr say? What does your hospital say?

I had 2 sections then a vaginal birth. This baby will be my 1st homebirth (vaginal obviously). I would not elect for a section for myself and I feel like any woman should *try* for a vaginal.

Imo, trying doesnt mean you force it. Trying to me means you have a plan for both and know when to say enough is enough.

I had a nasty forceps delivery with baby 1 - baby 2 was bigger and I delivered her naturally and all ok without assistance.

I had a very long, complicated/traumatic labour and delivery with my first that ended in me being ill with an infection and very rushed episiotomy and forceps.

I was offered a section with my second but it scared me too much! I ended up with a fairly quick (9 hours compared to 38 first time) second labour with no interventions and a tiny 1st degree tear.

I really wanted a elected c section this time due to 2 very traumatic births.
I was denied and had to do it vaginally.
I was terrified but it all went so well and I had a much more positive birth experience. 3 pushes and he was out.
He is now 2 weeks and 2 days old and I'm fully recovered.

I wud go vaginal everytime now and I'm so happy I didnt go down the surgery rout.

I'm even going to be trying for 1 more baby in 2021 that's how good my experience was.

Just remember every birth is different hon and just because u had a tough time last time does not mean you will this time.

I had a fairly traumatic birth with my first, 14 hours established labour, back to back slightly, malpresentation, episiotomy and ventouse.

my second labour was very different! Natural delivery, no tears and only a 3 hour labour. Baby was completely back to back but turned last minute.
What I’m trying to say is your body had already done it once so whilst still following your dr’s advice you could try for a natural delivery and see if you have a better experience this time round xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->