Value in taking raspberry leaf if having a caesarian?

ssjad

Reaction score
I've taken raspberry leaf in third trimester for my last three pregnancies and found it very helpful.
However this time it looks like I'll be having a caesarian... is there much value in taking it this time?
Has anyone had a caesarian and taken raspberry leaf and still found it useful for post-surgical uterine toning for example?

No experience and never heard of it for when having a c-section; however, it does make sense to me to use it. Your uterus still has to contract back down to it's pre-pregnancy size and so having a toned uterus would probably help with that. Why does it look like you'll be having a c-section? Without an emergency, isn't it a bit early to tell?

Yeah that's kinda what I thought.
And no, bubby has iugr and the doctors are going to push him and the placenta to the limit. The Dr says bubby will be too small and weak to deal with labour.

Well, best of luck. Certainly won't hurt to drink raspberry leaf tea.

I honestly contribute my lack of bleeding, and fast healing post delivery to RLT with both kids. I stopped bleeding 2/3 weeks after and it was never heavy.. That has not been the history in my family, and the only difference was that I was religious about rlt and epo. I also only had a 1.5 hr labor with my son, again, the family average is around 24 hour labors so I think it's one of the best thing you can do for your body regardless how you deliver. It is so good for women.

sorry for gate crashing your thread , but I am on week 35 now .and baby is in cephalic position .So can some one in here suggest me the dose/frequency of rlt and when to start drinking it ? last time I had 16 hour long labour , looking for means to try and reduce the duration this time around .

sorry for gate crashing your thread , but I am on week 35 now .and baby is in cephalic position .So can some one in here suggest me the dose/frequency of rlt and when to start drinking it ? last time I had 16 hour long labour , looking for means to try and reduce the duration this time around .

My midwife told me 1-4 cups per day, starting at 36 weeks. I get the impression there's some flexibility in there, though. I doubt it would hurt to start at 35 weeks or anything.

Yeah I normally have about four cups a day for third trimester...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->