Vans & babies

PrincessJenna

Reaction score
Me & my OH are breaking up.... He's now decided he wants to sell his car & use his works van all the time even when he has Millie I don't think a baby travelling around in a luton truck is very safe - Anyone else agree? Obviously she'll be in her car seat etc & apparently no air bag! x

Honest opinion is I don't think it is any more or any less safe than in a car, in fact you could say it is safer as lo is higher up if there was ever any impact on the vehicle. The airbag is no issue as they have to be turned off anyway.

Obviously up to you but she wouldn't be in the van too often?

My OH has a van for work which he can also use on weekends/evenings. DD does travel in this occasionally if I cannot pick her up from nursery etc, obviuosly in her car seat. I checked the rules regarding vans and it is ok as long as same rules as children in cars are followed eg carseats, airbags etc.

We had a van until recently, at the moment we have no vehicle but he no longer needs his van. It would not have been financially viable to have both a car and a van.

I wouldnt see a problem with it unless they dealt with chemicals or lots of dust on dust sheets or whatever

Don't really see the problem with it myself.

My dad drives a van and I'm quite happy for Lucas to travel in it and as mentioned above I feel safer when in it as it is higher up :)

oh has a van if hes working lo sometimes goes in the van with him i dont see a problem with it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->