Vaping?

_Ashalee

Reaction score
This post is meant for my own personal information and by no means is expert advise and before I start let me say that I am currently NOT pregnant. Vaping? I know it's a touchy subject however I stopped smoking 3 years ago and started vaping, now we're trying for another baby I've not yet managed to get myself off the vape obviously when I get pregnant I'll do everything I can however I am more addicted to vaping than I ever was smoking.

My question is has anyone vaped whilst pregnant? Does anyone know of any effects it has on baby, I know there's not enough research into them to say they're "safe" during pregnancy but when I was pregnant with my first 6 years ago I was advised to try an ecig but I just stopped all together then unfortunately started again once DD was born (naughty I know) so I was just looking for some advise really x

I don't know the answer, sorry.

I am also 3 years no smoking. I call myself a non-smoking smoker because I know I'd fall into the trap really easy again if I were to touch one. Addiction is addiction.

I was offered to try vaping, but I declined because I assumed it would be exactly like you've said, more addictive than cigs - I'm gathering because of the yummy flavours???

I just wanted to wish you well anyways. I know how tough cig addiction is, I couldn't imagine trying to give them up again.

Better than smoking but still not great for an unborn baby. I believe there was some research out in the summer saying the nicotine in it affected cardio respiratory function and increased the risk of SIDs in first year. As said though still much better than smoking.

I don't think there has been much testing or research on vaping during pregnancy, so its not something I'd want to risk just in case. I'm sure it has to be better than smoking during pregnancy but still not ideal, but I personally wont even take a paracetamol during pregnancy.

It might be worth going and speaking to your doctor or even postpone TTC until your off it.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->