Vari flow or slow flow teats for a newborn

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
I went to boots to get some teats to go with the bottles I already have in the loft from dd, there were two options for a newborn slow flow it a vari flow - what's the difference ? I'm guessing that the milk comes out as hard as they suck for it ? I remember with dd moving up teat size early as she just wasn't taking enough and seemed to be struggling

Tbh I'm hoping not to use them at all but want to get a few just in case

Thanks x

Definitely slow flow, I could never use vari flow with my boys it just used to flood out and choke them, I think they are better for thicker fluids imo.

Slow flow to start. I bf my daughter and am trying to give her a bottle of expressed milk each day to get used to it. Started on slow flow she's now on vari-flow at 3 months although this was only because they had run out of medium flow when I bought them!

I imagine the vari flow are more like breastfeeding as the harder she sucks the more she gets.

Vari flow are for thicker formulas. I made a mistake and bought some and i was using just regular formula, they were terrible the milk just flooded out of them....i had to throw them away.

vari flow is usually used for comfort/refulx milks. the ones that are really really thick. now saying that.. savannah was on reflux milk and even then it came out SO fast she would choke even at 9 months old.

i used slow flow for newborn then size 1,2, and i stopped at size 3 at 12 months

We went straight onto variflow both times. Coralie got frustrated she wasn't getting as much when she was sucking. Alyssa because she has gaviscon and it thickens the milk. They're the best choice imo as they only get what they suck for. Never had it flood out :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->