Varicose veins

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I have quite a noticeable varicose vein on the inside of my calf. I've noticed it for years - If I bang it it really hurts & swells up which has happened a couple of times in years since its on the inside. Sometimes it looks brighetr & bigger than other days - a little puffy or even looking like a dint inwards :wacko:

Anyway honestly I have no idea but my OH seems to think its serious - Has anyone else suffered/suffer with varicose veins?

I have lots of spider veins alll over my legs, I hate them, they are the redy/purple ones and they got alot worse with my pregnancy and have been worse ever since.

If you have them quite bad and they really hurt you I would go and see your GP, my friend had an operation to have something done to them, she was only about 14 at the time, they were quite bad and they were protruding too.

not sure how seriouse they are chick but i know their is a small op where they are removed my mother had one removed from her leg years ago as it was restricting leg moovment she was in and out on same day. Go see your gp especially if its painfull cos when your further on it may get worse with the preassure of your bump :hugs::hugs::hugs:

it is not a simple op,it usually involves stripping the veins from the legs not comfy and only done if really necessary.
If hurting/throbbing go to G.P if not I would leave be

bex,x

i got some when i was pregnant with Coby, i have noticed they are a bit more brighter since i have been pregnant again too, i hate them :(

x

We do the op as a day case where i work, quite straight forward op but you need to keep your legs elevated for a while after as some people have problems with bleeding, so they put a pressure bandage on to help!

I've had it for years - quite noticeable (sp).

Go get checked see what GP says about it!

xxx

We do the op as a day case where i work, quite straight forward op but you need to keep your legs elevated for a while after as some people have problems with bleeding, so they put a pressure bandage on to help!

I remembergonig to see my mate afterwards and she had to sit with her legs elevated all day

I would definatly go and see your GP if they are bothering you, theres nothnig to loose, and trust me come the 3rd tri they will be alot worse and your blood volume increases, I was covered in veins and I have red dots which look like burst blood vessels they went worse and more noticible at the end of my pregnancy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->