Vba2c

Meiko

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm currently pregnant with number 3, after 2 cesareans (one emergency, one planned). I haven't put much thought into delivery this time because I feel like this is my last one and assumed I'd be doing another repeat cesarean. My midwife at my last appointment was pushing me to consider a vbac..she said she thought I was a good candidate and said I'm young and will probably want more kids. I honestly think this is my last, and I am fine with a repeat cesarean, but she has me dipping into the idea.

Anyone here have stories?

One think to consider is that in the event you did want another in the future, with every section you have the risks in the next pregnancy become higher. At 2 sections you are still very safe, pretty much the same as only having had 1 section, but at 3+ sections the rates of things like baby implanting into the scar and rupture start creeping up. The more and more complicated the surgery becomes because of the sheer amount of internal scarring. If you really are dead set on this being your last I personally would still consider a vbac as it is still safer than a repeat section (assuming no complications in your pregnancy). But ultimately they cannot force you to vba2c, I would just make your decision fully informed on both sides. Which ever way you choose to go, good luck and hope you have a smooth birth. :)

Hello there! I am trying for a VBA2C this time. My first c section was an emergency with twins at 24 weeks (long story). My second I planned a VBAC but I went 5 days past my due date and my doctors cut off for going into labor was 40 weeks, I had to fight for the extra 5 days. This third time around I am 99% that it is my last baby but I feel that it is safer to have a VBAC regardless of it being my last. I have found a provider that is completely supporting all of my plans,to include going two weeks or more past my due date with out intervening in anyway.

In the end, its your decision and you have to choose what works best for you!

I am going to try for a vba2c this time too.. ,my first was an emergency section after 24 hours of labour and pushing with vacuum..my second was a successful vbac and it was awesome!!!! my third was breach so had to have a emergency section after trying to flip him and his heart rate dipped way down..
I would go for it just for the experience! and the recovery is easier.

My doctor is fully supportive of my decision to go for VBA2C. I have said that I will go for elective if I go overdue but nothing is set in stone yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->