Vba2c

johnoblueshoe

Expecting number 5
Reaction score
Well my history is as follows...

1st Pregnancy ( twins) Planned c Section
2nd Pregnancy ( Singleton) i wanted another c section but they talked me into a VBAC and it was fab loved it...

3rd Pregnancy (singleton) i wanted another VBAC but the midwife was SH**T and got nervous i ended up having a emergancy C Section was horrid went crap i hated it...

Now my 4th Pregnancy i really really really want a VBA2C...

ben is 2 so it will be 2 1/2 years since my last c section... has anyone got any experiance with this and or tips on how to have a healty abour... on my last the MW just made me lay on my back and gave me a epidural... it instantly stopped labour...

I want to keep it progressing and keep it as natural as poss...

anyone or any advise is welcome....

thanks ladies...

i too would be interested to hear stories on this!! i had a crash section with my eldest, long story short my ex forced me to have a planned section with my youngest and i do wnat one more but i really really want to try for a natual birth whenever i do have another baby.

hope you can get your vba2c johnoblueshoe!

The tips on having a healthy labour for a VBAC(1,2 or more) are just the same as with a labour for a non-scarred uterus. The biggest difference is to avoid any type of induction or augmentation because this increases the risk of scar rupture. It's also worth reading up on the signs and symptoms of scar rupture so you know what to keep an eye out for, but don't stress about it too much. The chance of it happening, even for someone who has had two c/s is very small. Once you know about it, you can get on with having your normal labour just like anyone else would. :)

Obvious suggestions involve staying active, fed and watered and to labour and birth in a place where you feel safe and supported. If this isn't your hospital but you still plan to birth there then don't go until things are really quite well established to give the medics less chance to intervene in negative ways. Even better, birth at home if you can. I've attended one VBA2C at home and I have a friend who had a VBA3c at home so it can be done but it can take some negotiation and it helps to have a good support network in place. (Maybe a doula or good friend who can advocate for you if needed if your partner feels in any way nervous about it.)

You also might want to try something like hypnobirthing or Natal Hypnotherapy to help you to stay calm and relax and to reduce your need for pain relief (which can lead to more intervention more quickly).

Have a read of some of the natural birth literature that's out there. Some of the classics are Ina May Gaskin's books, Birthing from Within, anything by Sheila Kitzinger... There are lots. Have a look on amazon or your local good sized book store and see what grabs you, because at the end of the day getting yourself into the right mindset is going to be the most important thing, closely followed by making sure that those supporting you share your vision of what your birth should be, or at least, don't actively disagree with it.

There are some really good email lists out there for VBAC and through them you'll get to know others who are on or have been on similar journeys. Those kinds of contacts and support networks can be invaluable. There's a really good UK one on yahoo groups but I don't know where you are so don't know if that would be appropriate. Let me know if you are and I'll dig out a link or two. :)

Good luck!

Gina. x

thank you snagglepat!!

thats made me alot more at ease about having another baby some point way way WAY in the future and gettig my vba2c!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->