VBAC after 2 cesareans

S

Stayathomemum

Hi ladies,

Any success stories with a VBAC after 2 cesareans? Me and my partner would love to try for a 3rd baby, we love our little boys so much and feel like this could be a great time to have another but I am so petrified of the birth.

I suffer from health anxiety and I really struggled whilst having an elective c-section and just had a panic attack the whole way through, shaking and crying! I would love to give birth naturally but again the risks just get to me really badly.

Thank you in advance for any replies xxx

I'm also wondering this. Have you made a decision since posting? X

I'm going for a vba2c, actually trying to decide on a hba2c... any update?

I'd also like to hear from anyone whos had 2 sections and gone on to have a vaginal birth!

Home birth after a c section isnt recomended. The biggest risk in a vbac is unterine rupture. Theres a 1 in 200 chance for rupture after 1 csection and that risk goes up wih 2 sections. In a rupture situation your baby has minutes to get out before they can pass. The best way to detect a rupture is continuous monitoring and you cant have that at home and even if you did the chances of you getting to hospital on time are slim.

Vba2c can be a good option for some people but its best in a hospital setting to keep everyone safe

Home birth after a c section isnt recomended. The biggest risk in a vbac is unterine rupture. Theres a 1 in 200 chance for rupture after 1 csection and that risk goes up wih 2 sections. In a rupture situation your baby has minutes to get out before they can pass. The best way to detect a rupture is continuous monitoring and you cant have that at home and even if you did the chances of you getting to hospital on time are slim.

Vba2c can be a good option for some people but its best in a hospital setting to keep everyone safe

Please site the data you are talking of. It's not accurate and it's certainly not aligning with any of the research I've done and that I've seen on medical studies.

Uterine rupture rate is not that much higher after 2 c-sections. Every article with statistical data and study I've seen on it says that those rates are skewed because they do include women being induced or with other higher risk factors (different type of incision, preterm birth incisions, ect) and that they also include dehiscence which is not true rupture. True rupture can be catastrophic, the part you speak of where you only have minutes. They actually recommend decision to incision in 30 minutes. But most hospitals with full staff can have baby out in 10.
Also people often siting stats for uterine rupture tend to leave out the stats for repeat c-section problems.
Please do not incite fear. If you have other statistics from medical sources that back up your claims please site them.

Here is a really good article for your review:
https://reference.medscape.com/article/275854-overview#a2

And another one talking about risks during c-section.
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/739458_4

Another good article: (not medical but they site all their information)
https://americanpregnancy.org/labor-and-birth/vbac/

Please site the data you are talking of. It's not accurate and it's certainly not aligning with any of the research I've done and that I've seen on medical studies.

Uterine rupture rate is not that much higher after 2 c-sections. Every article with statistical data and study I've seen on it says that those rates are skewed because they do include women being induced or with other higher risk factors (different type of incision, preterm birth incisions, ect) and that they also include dehiscence which is not true rupture. True rupture can be catastrophic, the part you speak of where you only have minutes. They actually recommend decision to incision in 30 minutes. But most hospitals with full staff can have baby out in 10.
Also people often siting stats for uterine rupture tend to leave out the stats for repeat c-section problems.
Please do not incite fear. If you have other statistics from medical sources that back up your claims please site them.

Here is a really good article for your review:
https://reference.medscape.com/article/275854-overview#a2

And another one talking about risks during c-section.
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/739458_4

Another good article: (not medical but they site all their information)
https://americanpregnancy.org/labor-and-birth/vbac/

Are you having the hbac2? :hugs:

I am going for a vba2c at a birth center. It's located right next door to the hospital, whereas our house is about 15-20 minutes. I would be comfortable doing a hba2c but I want to have the mice jetted tub and quiet of the birth center vs being at home with my 2 toddlers and mil. I'm almost 36 weeks now so I'll come back and update!!

I am going for a vba2c at a birth center. It's located right next door to the hospital, whereas our house is about 15-20 minutes. I would be comfortable doing a hba2c but I want to have the mice jetted tub and quiet of the birth center vs being at home with my 2 toddlers and mil. I'm almost 36 weeks now so I'll come back and update!!

Please do !!!! I'm considering a vbac2 and would love to hear positive stories :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->