VBAC after 28 week C section?

Dinah93

Happy mum to two preemies
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible? No one talked to me about my options for future pregnancies, however one of the other nicu mums who also had a c-section at 28 weeks was told that because of how high up they have to cut at 28 weeks you can't labour naturally any more. The incision is really low down (below my underwear line), but I presume they meant how high up on the uterus it is. Has anyone heard anything more than I have about a VBAC after an early c-section?

I had an emergency c-section with my 29 weeker. I'm having a scheduled c-section with this pregnancy because the incision on my uterus was a "classical" cut and the risk for uterine rupture is higher with a classical section. A VBAC was never really given as an option for me....even though the emergency section was 13 years ago! Good luck :D.

Speak with you MW and OB, cuts higher up the uterus do put you in a higher risk bracket for UR but you can have scans of your scar to see how thick it is.

If you are in teh UK no one can stop you from VBAC'ing its ultimately your decision.

My section wasn't as early, it was at 32 weeks but they told me at my last consultant appointment I would be given a choice of VBAC or C section for another baby.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->