*~*VBAC Hopefuls 2014 *~*

Hey Apple, Anyone can join in here :) Mine was the same reason my daughter was breech but I did go into spontaneous labour before my planned C-section @ 39 weeks. I am consultant led, but I am asking for intermittent monitoring instead of being strapped up to a monitoring machine for the whole labour. I haven’t spoken fully with my consultant about water birth but will at my 28 week appointment he said its something we can discuss xx

That sounds like a much better way of doing it if there are no other risk factors I feel like constant monitoring is a bit too much! I'll ask my consultant when I see them won't be fôr a while yet. I look forward to hearing how everyone's plans go.

Yeah I feel like if I have CFM they will literally just be looking for reasons to make me have a C-section. At the same time I didn’t want to completely go against CFM just in case something did happen to the baby I would never forgive myself so we agreed in the middle xx

HI - would like to join- I will be 17 weeks this weekend. I am a VBA3C candidate due 09/22/2014 :D Im very excited. iw ill be starting Prenatal Yoga the end of May. I am also registered for a VBAC class at my hospital in July. I have a feeling I will deliver before my due date. Trying to get my body prepared for the triathalon of Labor as my plan is to do it all natural and to basically have pain medication if need be- who am I kidding- yes pain meds will be on deck! ;)

Hello ladies, can I join you? :) We're hoping for a VBAC with our 2nd son who's due around August 7th 2014 :D

Unfortunately with our last son we had spontaneous labor at around 32 weeks. My water broke and the hospital accidentally stopped my labor when they were transferring me to another hospital that had a NICU because of how early he was... we were on bed rest for 5 days before my contractions came back and I dilated from 2cm to 4cm and then just stopped. The doctor gave me pitocin and nothing progressed so he gave me an ultimatum it sounded like at the time, 'I'm giving you an hour to dilate or we're doing a c-section'. My son wasn't in distress, and I really didn't like this other hospital or the doctor they stuck me with... seemed like I was more of an annoyance to them and they were just doing the c-section to get me out of their hospital :( and the recovery was awful from the c-section, never been in more pain in my life... so I'm pushing for a VBAC this time around and have changed everything for this little guy.

Changed my OB, changed hospitals, and they have been great and told us that we're great for a VBAC, and just in case we have another early spontaneous labor we've gone ahead and signed up and registered with the hospital we will be sent to and met the doctors who will be handling everything and love them so prepared for whatever happens now :)

The only concern is my placenta is very low so we're having multiple ultrasounds of baby, cervix length and of the placenta almost every two weeks to watch everything and make sure baby is doing just fine too :)

I envy you ladies doing the water births, they sound amazing... but that's not really an option around here, it's pretty much go to the hospital, a regular maternity hospital room and they'll deliver your baby... the only real choice is epidural or no epidural... which I always say I'm going to try to go without the epidural, until the pain gets really bad, then I chicken out and practically beg for it. So I can't make any promises with this one either :p

Welcome to the new ladies!

I asked for a water birth and have been told a) there's only one birthing pool so b) they basically want to keep it for someone who can definately use it because they need to monitor me.
I have said that I don't want constant monitoring like last time when I was induced but they have said if anything starts looking like it's not going well I will have to be constantly monitored and so can't use the pool :-( it sucks but I do understand as there may be a chance I wouldn't use it so would rather give another lady a chance to.
I'm prepared to fight to not have constant monitoring. As long as my BP is behaving I don't see how constant monitoring will be necessary and I want to move.
I'm going to speak to my MW about it next week.

Aerisandalex I'm sorry you had such a traumatic labour with your ds1. Hopefully it will go much better for you this time.

Welcome to the new ladies!

I asked for a water birth and have been told a) there's only one birthing pool so b) they basically want to keep it for someone who can definately use it because they need to monitor me.
I have said that I don't want constant monitoring like last time when I was induced but they have said if anything starts looking like it's not going well I will have to be constantly monitored and so can't use the pool :-( it sucks but I do understand as there may be a chance I wouldn't use it so would rather give another lady a chance to.
I'm prepared to fight to not have constant monitoring. As long as my BP is behaving I don't see how constant monitoring will be necessary and I want to move.
I'm going to speak to my MW about it next week.

Aerisandalex I'm sorry you had such a traumatic labour with your ds1. Hopefully it will go much better for you this time.

Thanks I hope the same for you as well. Constant monitoring is quite a pain, they did that with my DS1 too. I was hooked up to the monitors 24/7 and it was like 3 straps around the stomach and it was just such a pain if I needed to move or use the restroom :/ I hope everything stays steady and they don't need to do all that monitoring

Well I remembered after I had given birth that on my hospital tour they had shown us these wireless monitors that meant you could move around with them on but I must have been put in a room that didn't have those so I will make sure I ask about those this time!! I'm going to mention all this to my MW on Thursday and see what she says, but then I know the community midwives in my area are from the birthing centre and I won't be going there. I'll just make sure I try my hardest and if I don't get a room with the wireless ones I'm going to refuse to permanently by attached to them!

Yeah BaileyBubs I would see that they try and put you in a room with one of those special monitors that way you can be left to labour in peace :) xx

Hannah – Which Hospital are you going too? I noticed your from Farnborough, I am from Woking :) went to Farnborough yesterday (Costco) xx

I'm going to frimley park :)

Oh my! I love a bit of Costco! It's a pregnant girls dream with the hotdogs and free samples :haha:

I'm actually going to Woking next week.. CREAMS :lol:

Frimley Park is quite good, I started off @ Frimley Park in my last pregnancy but ended up moving over to St Peters as its closer for me. Ooooo I know I love Creams :) I normally jump into nandos then head across to creams if I am feeling greedy :p xx

:haha: I used to love nandos! But since I got pregnant the thought of it makes me feel sick :(

Whatever you girls are talking about, it sounds good! lol I'm from the USA so not familiar with any of that lol I think the only thing I understood was Costco... lol we have one of those around here, but I don't know of a country or place that doesn't have one :haha:

Creams is like a dessert only restaurant, like waffles, crepes, ice cream! I can't wait :) haha!

I didn't understand either except nandos lol, and I'm in the UK haha! Nandos is a chicken restaurant, I've actually never been to a nandos!

How's everyone doing? I don't see another MW for another 6 weeks now! Feels strange that I've barely seen anyone, I guess they are only really interested in the end of my pregnancy lol!

Nandos makes me sick while I'm pregnant! :sick:

I'm doing ok :) you? I really hope I go into labour naturally as I've been told induction can make the chances of a vbac less (?) I'm excited! 19 days'

Oooh not long now then Hannah! Are you doing anything to try and get labour going? I've been reading that dtd is good in the run up but after dtd yesterday and being sooooo uncomfortable and not really enjoying it I don't see us doing it much towards the end lol! Everything seems to be going quite slowly now, I finish work at the end of next week as I'm just uselss at work now lol (I'm a support worker so there's not much support I can give when I struggle with most things myself haha!).

Has anyone been/will be taking raspberry leaf tea?

It's my daughters birthday next Tuesday, so from next Wednesday it's go time :lol: OH will not do the deed with me tho :( we haven't had sex since I was like 3 weeks :( he finds it too weird so that's out the window.. But will be trying everything else haha

How everyone doing?

Hannah I notice you've had your LB! Congratulations! How did it go?

I've come back to post on here coz I have to admit I'm getting a little scared to vbac now the time is getting closer and need some reassurance! I've had a few pains around my scar which I'm sure are just from the scar tissue stretching but now I'm getting anxious about that tiny percentage chance of rupture and wondering if I'm making a mistake with vbac! Saying that my son is currently breech so it may even end up in ELCS yet who knows!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->