VBAC hopefuls!

jodi_19

Mommy of a beauty queen
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I thought it might be nice to buddy up with some ladies who have the same goal as me! Anyone care to join me?

Hey i had an emergency c-section after a very bad 34hour labour 11 months ago, my partner and i are trying to concieve baby #2, i am 11dpo. I am hoping next time il be able to try again naturally (vbac)

Our experiences sound similar. I had a labour lasting about 36 hours, 48 if I include early labour which also ended in emergency c section. What was the reasoning for your section?

Aimee was quite big and i had bad pelvic pain so i was induced 2 weeks early, that wored too quickly so they had to remove that so i was in labour for 9 hours then everything stopped, 2 days later when they finally had a bed in labour ward they broke my waters and then had to put me on a drip, aimee then turned and after that they tried to turn her and use forceps to get her out but she got stuck so i was taken to theatre when her heart rate almost stopped, they even struggled to get her out in c-section, she weight 8lb 10oz and that was 2 weeks early :)

Wow, our experiences were a lot alike. I was induced one week early because I had a kidney stent in place due to kidney stones @ 34 weeks. I was induced at 9 am Monday morning. I was already in early labour they assumed b/c I was 3 cm dialated when we began. I was creamed 3 times with no progress. They broke my water 8 pm Tuesday night and I began pushing sometime in the early morning. I pused for a couple of hours and nothing. They called in the OBGYN and he tried forceps but still nothing. I was taken to the OR and given a spinal and they tried the forceps again but she didn't move. They went ahead with the section. She was posterior (face up) which is why she didn't some naturally. She couldn't get underneath my pelvic bone. The MD told me after she didn't think I could have a baby naturally as Casey was only 7 lbs 6 oz but part of me thinks if she were the right way it could have worked. I'm going to wait and see what the OBGYN says when we finally get preggo again!

How long have you been ttc? Were you trying long with your first?

Very similar, i only had two periods before falling pregnant with aimee, i started trying in august this year and i fell straight away but lost that baby at 6 weeks so i am now on my 2nd cycle of ttc and i will be testing on saturday. u?

Sorry to hear about your loss. We got pregnant with Casey first cycle trying. We have been trying off and on since June. My OH works away from home on a rotational schedule so the timeing doesn't always work out. We tried 3 cycles so far. Pretty sure we are out this cycle as well unless he has super sperm..lol. We will be properly trying for the next 3 cycles as long as his schedule doesn't change.

I hope you get a bfp soon, my partner does nights and i work so 3 days a week we dont ever see eachother so dont get much time either i thought i had ovulated and we hadnt seen eachother but later on i got a stronger opk so hoping i caught it, just worried that when i do fall il lose it again, im guna be a nervous wreck

I can understand who you would be nervous, I'm sure I would feel the same way. I sometimes wonder if my previous section will cause problems with future fertility and pegnancy. I know the chances are statistically slim but I can't help but worry a little.
On a positive note, I have a friend who suffered a mscarriage and is now 30 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy :)

Thankyou the midwife said i am no more likely to have a 2nd miscarriage because i have had one already because i have already had a healthy baby but im worried my c-section has done something too

So do you have any promising pregnancy symptoms?

hi ladies, wondering if you'd mind if i joined you? we're just starting TTC number 2 and i really want a VBAC. i had to have a c-section because DS was so small and early and they weren't confident he'd survive a natural delivery if it was even possible to induce me so early. so fingers crossed i won't get pre-eclampsia again, and make it far along enough in the pregnancy to attempt a VBAC!

You are more than welcome to join Hopedance! Did it take you long to conceive with your first?

only a few months but it was the first time i ovulated i caught it, so it was fab. i was just about to be referred for fertility treatment as i have PCOS and rarely ovulate - about once every two years i think!! my GP says as soon as we're ready to TTC again she'll refer me to get clomid so that i ovulate. so i'll be booking an appointment once my current medical disaster is over (long story but have been bleeding for 5 weeks and now have a tentative diagnosis of a large ovarian cyst and am awaiting an urgent scan within 7 days).

Well hopefully you will get lucky again this time hopedance! Sorry to hear about you current medical problems. I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts at a young age (15-16). I was put on birth control pills as a treatment. I stayed on the pills for a couple of years but found that I didn't feel well. My doc said I was sensitive to the extra estrogen and prescribed the pills with the lowest amount of hormones. Still didn't feel well so gave them up. My cysts were always small though. I had a laperoscopy done and they biggest one I had was about the size of the tip of your pinky. They have become few and far between over the years and I haven't noticed it since my last pregnancy. I always know when they were there because they would rupture and it was super painful. My doc did tell me when I was diagnosed that it may stop after childbirth due to changes that occur in pregnancy. I hope he was right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->