VBAC info/support

Hello! Really hoping for a vbac but was just told they will not induce me and they don't want me going past 41 weeks, so they will schedule me got a rcs at 41 if I haven't gone into labor on my own. Is this common?

Hello, yes it is :) Unfortnately we are kept an eye on us VBAC Hopefuls.... I didnt get mine in the end but I really hope I get a VBA2c :) xx

I didn't end up with mine either... My midwives would have allowed me to go past 41 weeks but I had an unfavourable NST exactly at 41 weeks. Very disappointing as this was my last child and I didn't even get to try... Struggling with feeling bitter about it. Good luck though your chances are really great! You can do this!

Anybody have a water birth VBAC? At my hospital they do have wireless monitering and one pool on the delivery suite, just hope my consultant will let me give it a go x

I laboured in the pool with wireless monitoring. Unfortunately, DD2 was stuck so I didn't get my VBAC, but if everything had gone smoothly they would have let me have a water birth. :)

Can I ask how your baby got stuck? If not, that's ok. I'm just so curious. I feel like these are the things you never learn about on pregnancy class.

The same thing happened both times for me. I laboured well, dilated etc, but the baby genuinely couldn't descend. No idea why not. Both times, the baby started struggling a little (heart rate deccelerating) after being stuck a while. And there was clear evidence of obstruction at c-section. It's relatively unusual, I think.

My first was stuck for two reasons. Chord around her neck (my kids have short chords- dd2s head didn't even reach my breasts while she was still attached) and my first was coming out forehead first. That is how mine was stuck.

So wild. I wonder what they would have done with ladies like us in olden times?

Pretty sure she would have eventually come out... Most likely not alive. Or we both could have died. Then again, I had labor stopped with her at 34 weeks so she also could have just been born then. I figure we would have had different circumstances with out medical interventions at that point.

Pretty sure we would have both died both times with no c-section. I think there are a lot of unnecessary c-sections; mine weren't. Everything was in my favour for a natural delivery and it was still impossible!

Yes, I just can't imagine how my first ever would have gotten out and I was all infected. I don't think either of us would be here. Oy!
Just found out my hospital offers a 2.5 hour vbac class so I'm going to go. Hoping just to learn more about their policies etc.

Hi!! 38 weeks with number 3 and hopefully VBAC#2 coming soon!

I'm really hoping to VBAC with my fourth due October 5th. My first two births were natural awesome births but my third was an emcs due to cord prolapse and hugely traumatic. Trying to empower myself :flower:

Sounds like you are very likely to do it :) is your OB and hospital supportive? Mine are behind closed doors but their official stance is no

Does anyone still linger here? I’m considering baby number 5 and would love a VBA4c after a failed VBA3C in 2012. I know I’m probably not going to get it but does anyone have any research, stats etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->