Vbac/vba2c support!

Likely attempting a VBaC here! Was induced last time and no progression. They had tried everything for 4 days and nothing so ended up with cs. My midwife this time around said they had tried to induce me too early last time (started at 38wk). She's confident a VBaC will be good this time so I'm hopeful! Scared of ending up with a emcs again, would rather have an elective if that was to happen but unfortunately no way to know till the time comes! X

I'm glad we have people joining this thread. There seems to be little support for vbac and vbamc.. I'm still just waiting for baby to decide when to come on out!

Hey ladies I am miles away from this choice yet but I had 2 emergency c sections and 3 prem babies earliest being 27weeks. Made it to 30 with last but this time I am praying I atleast get to 37weeks so I can have a natural delivery.. would love to join for support x

I'm now waiting to see what my 32week scan brings as my placenta is right next to my cervix . :shrug:

Hi girls, had my birth options appt at the hospital and they are so far still happy for my VBaC. They are scheduling a c section at 41 weeks and hoping labour will start before naturally. I have 4 sweeps, 2 per week at 39 and 40 weeks and they will try and burst my waters before the section. So hoping with all that I will go naturally! I'm going to take every herbal remedy I can and acupuncture too in the last few weeks and hope for the best 😂

Hi girls, had my birth options appt at the hospital and they are so far still happy for my VBaC. They are scheduling a c section at 41 weeks and hoping labour will start before naturally. I have 4 sweeps, 2 per week at 39 and 40 weeks and they will try and burst my waters before the section. So hoping with all that I will go naturally! I'm going to take every herbal remedy I can and acupuncture too in the last few weeks and hope for the best 😂

Ooh I like the sound of that plan ! I might put it to my midwife ! Xxx

I hope you get your VBAC :hugs:

Still waiting on labor to start here ladies!!! Feels close but who really knows!! I've got a sweep booked for Tuesday at my midwife appointment!!!

Hi ladies! Attempting a vbac here! I had a section last time due to fetal distress as LO was on the larger side, so having regular growth scans with this one which are all good so far! My hospital runs a vbac clinic and really advocates trying for one - they have wireless waterproof monitors so have even said I can have a waterbirth! So I'm feeling really confident about it :D

Same here Blake for the wireless monitors! I'm glad as I was really hoping for a water birth this time.

Fingers crossed pink, there are some reflexology points you can try yourself, look them up online, don't know if they work but I'll be trying everything 😂

Waterproof monitors is awesome! I have never heard of them:)

Good luck pinkpassion :)

Labor started last night right at 11pm. It's slow going, the contractions are so painful!! Not staying consistent though, I've been having bloody show since my first contraction. I go in at 10 to check what progress has been made!

Labor started last night right at 11pm. It's slow going, the contractions are so painful!! Not staying consistent though, I've been having bloody show since my first contraction. I go in at 10 to check what progress has been made!

Omg stalking!!! Go girl! U got this!!!!

So excited for you :happydance: . :hugs:

Well after 27 hours of extremely painful long contractions , I had an emergency transfer from midwife to hospital where I received an emergency c-section After it was determined my uterus ruptured. Baby and I are safe.. oh and btw , it's a girl .. It's been a hell of a 27 hours and I'm exhausted and still trying to process everything!! I'll write more tomorrow!

Massive congratulations on your beautiful little lady, so glad you are both safe and well!! You are a champ for going for your vbac especially for the length of time you were laboring! enjoy every second of this special time xxx

Wide awake.. staring at this little miracle.

Yesterday was crazy!!! I keep replaying it all in my head... After my water broke, things really intensified. Contractions became one on top the the other and I progressed pretty well although only got to 5cm/100% she could stretch me to almost an 8. I was finding the contractions really difficult and suddenly had an urge to push. I had had no progress from the previous check so was told not to push. It was involuntary though. The contractions became so painful I could do nothing but yell and cry. There was a sharp pain that started along the right side of my incision so I alerted my midwife, she took my vitals and we listened to baby's hb on doppler. All seemed well and the pain mostly subsided after the contractions. But the urge to push was unbearable. I finally told my midwife I thought we needed to transfer. She tried to talk me out of it and also took her time getting stuff done (transfer papers) and then finally an hour later we were on our way. I was quite the sight.. the main hospital entrance was closed for the night so we had to go through er , they pushed me in a wheelchair and I had a contraction in the lobby of the er and let me tell you THAT was embarrassing... everyone was staring at me as I screamed so loud and kept coming up off the seat of the wheelchair!

That continued as they checked me into l&d and the nurses took their sweet time. As soon as we got up to l&d the nurse immediately said "you're signing consent for c-section" as their hospital policy is against vba2c. And the nurse had an obvious disdain of midwives lol.. anyway I signed them and within an hour they had little lady out. Sure enough my uterus had opened up where I was feeling all the pain and part of the amniotic sac was bulging .. the Dr said my uterus now looks like a patchwork quilt and he said absolutely no more babies for me! I was ok with that and had actually told them to remove my tubes during the c-section but that somehow got overlooked and it didn't get done��.. so they got Madison out and dh got to announce the gender to which we were like ����������... it was still a special time and I'm just so so so thankful I didn't let the midwife pressure me into staying any longer.. I'm in some discomfort at the moment but Nothing like before the c-section.. that and I declined pain meds �� ... I do have it at my disposal if I so choose. So because i also had developed a fever and increased white blood cells they have me on 3 different types of antibiotics and they had to send the placenta for testing to make sure Madison is in the clear!
Also I'm having quite a bit more bleeding than they are happy with so I'm on pitocin and hourly belly massages ������������������������

And I'm feeling guilty about all the money we spent for a midwife and still ended up here with a c-section, plus being away from my other 2 girls

Yesterday was crazy!!! I keep replaying it all in my head... After my water broke, things really intensified. Contractions became one on top the the other and I progressed pretty well although only got to 5cm/100% she could stretch me to almost an 8. I was finding the contractions really difficult and suddenly had an urge to push. I had had no progress from the previous check so was told not to push. It was involuntary though. The contractions became so painful I could do nothing but yell and cry. There was a sharp pain that started along the right side of my incision so I alerted my midwife, she took my vitals and we listened to baby's hb on doppler. All seemed well and the pain mostly subsided after the contractions. But the urge to push was unbearable. I finally told my midwife I thought we needed to transfer. She tried to talk me out of it and also took her time getting stuff done (transfer papers) and then finally an hour later we were on our way. I was quite the sight.. the main hospital entrance was closed for the night so we had to go through er , they pushed me in a wheelchair and I had a contraction in the lobby of the er and let me tell you THAT was embarrassing... everyone was staring at me as I screamed so loud and kept coming up off the seat of the wheelchair!

That continued as they checked me into l&d and the nurses took their sweet time. As soon as we got up to l&d the nurse immediately said "you're signing consent for c-section" as their hospital policy is against vba2c. And the nurse had an obvious disdain of midwives lol.. anyway I signed them and within an hour they had little lady out. Sure enough my uterus had opened up where I was feeling all the pain and part of the amniotic sac was bulging .. the Dr said my uterus now looks like a patchwork quilt and he said absolutely no more babies for me! I was ok with that and had actually told them to remove my tubes during the c-section but that somehow got overlooked and it didn't get done��.. so they got Madison out and dh got to announce the gender to which we were like ����������... it was still a special time and I'm just so so so thankful I didn't let the midwife pressure me into staying any longer.. I'm in some discomfort at the moment but Nothing like before the c-section.. that and I declined pain meds �� ... I do have it at my disposal if I so choose. So because i also had developed a fever and increased white blood cells they have me on 3 different types of antibiotics and they had to send the placenta for testing to make sure Madison is in the clear!
Also I'm having quite a bit more bleeding than they are happy with so I'm on pitocin and hourly belly massages ������������������������

And I'm feeling guilty about all the money we spent for a midwife and still ended up here with a c-section, plus being away from my other 2 girls

Oh boy.... pink, I’m so glad you and baby are safe! What you described is my worst nightmare :( when I was pregnant with my third the hospital said absolutely NO vbac2c although my OB kept insisting I could try and I’m so so glad I didn’t ( with my luck). Congrats on baby girl! 3 girls are amazing! My little ladies are the best of pals :) be careful in not risking another surprise pregnancy as your uterus won’t be able to sustain it. I also was told no more babies and had my Dh get a vasectomy. My uterus has a lot of scar tissue too and I almost risked having placenta accreta ( when placenta grows out of uterus onto scar tissue and in other organs!) so we decided to call it a day and enjoy the girls. Thank goodness you didn’t listen to the midwife, that could have been a fatal call :( you were brave to attempt a birth center after 2 sections and you tried your best! Enjoy your bundle in good health! Nothing else really matters xox

Oh my goodness how scary for you !!! So pleased that you are safe though !! Congrats on baby girl xxx :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->