Vegetarian Children

reemasams

Reaction score
My friend is a strict vegetarian, and so are her kids. I am worried for all of them. Especially with kids I don't see how you can get enough nutrition without eating any animal products at all. They all seem on the thin side, but otherwise pretty healthy. I would like to convince her to at least give the kids some eggs or milk, but she is pretty adamant against it.

You can get everything you need from a wide variety of other foods so I'm pretty sure they'll be just fine. Personally I think you should let kids try all types of (healthy) foods and let them make up their own minds.

do you mean vegan?

it has been well documented that vegetarian children may well be healthier than meat eaters, if the diet is done correctly, vegan diets however are not really adviced in young children. do they take suppliments? I hope so!

That'll be vegan if dairy is out too hun , vegetarian is just meat. Personally i think children should be allowed to make up their own minds as to what they want to eat & why they dont want to eat it. Ie vegan, veggie or eats everything. I'm extremely picky with food & find it very hard if out to get a meal i like without having to pick my way through it, So i let josh try anything he wants to try & if he likes it then good if not then ok he gets to try it again few wks/mths later just to see. I like the fact he likes food i don't like :) He's a superb eater & luckily prefers veg/fruit over crap xx

As a vegetarian I think its perfectly acceptable for a child to follow the same diet as its parents, provided its not going to affect the childs health

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->