Vegetarian moms, do you feed your kids meat?

Bella1185

Reaction score
(This is a no judgement question...am just curious how this pans out for other families :flower:)

If you/your partner are vegetarian/vegan do you still provide your child(ren) with meat (fish/poultry/beef/etc)?

My husband is veggie but I am not. I don't cook separate meals though so our son and I eat a mostly vegetarian diet. I might make meat for lunch occasionally when he's at work, more often tinned fish, or if we go out or eat with my parents or in laws we have meat.

I'm vegetarian, OH isn't but doesn't tend to eat meat at home. I do cook meat for DS, mainly chicken, beef and mince but he probably gets it less than most other kids. He probably eats more nut butters, pulses, beans, eggs etc than other kids too though to make up for the protein.

I'm veggie and Jacob has never eaten meat, if he chooses to later that's fine but for now he's veggie!

Im not personally one but both my my cousins are veggie and their children do eat meat.

i'm pescatarian and so is my DD, she's never tasted meat :)

I've been a vegetarian since I was 13. LO is allowed to eat meat. I don't serve much of it to her, but she might have it at a restaurant, at someone else's house, etc. I'd like her to be vegetarian, but feel like its a decision she should make for herself one day if its what she wants/believes in.

I'm vegan and my husband veggie. My girls eat what we eat at home but they have a choice if we are at a party or something if they want meat mostly they don't, however if we go to a restaurant they will eat vegetarian. I would prefer that they don't but my eldest are 4&5 and understand where there meat comes from so I trust them to choose for themselves. My 4 year old often says that she likes the taste of ham but knows a pig dies for it so doesn't want to eat it.

My eldest 2 LOVE meat and thats fine. J will eat whatever she is served!

I'm a vegetarian. Was raised vegetarian as my mum is one. So I have never tasted meat. My eldest son eats meat because he spends time with his dad and they are generally ignorant/intolerant. When he decided to "be a vegetarian" all on his own (obviously he was interested because of me) he was doing really well until he went to his dads. And they kept buying him food from McDonald's etc.

My husband eats meat but very rarely because we don't ever cook two meals. I don't even think there is any in the house right now TBH. Our youngest son is vegetarian. And our daughter will be when she can actually eat :haha:

I'm actually not vegetarian anymore, but was for 20 years and when my daughter was small. I took the approach that I fed her what we ate as a family. My husband isn't vegetarian, so usually I would cook a vegetarian meal and if he wanted meat with it, he would cook it himself. So in that case, yes, she would also have meat if that's what he made as part of the meal, but we generally ate strictly vegetarian meals probably 5 days a week. If we weren't cooking meat and eating it ourselves though, I wouldn't have made her something extra.

Im veggie and my kids eat both meat and veggie meals. My oldest has started to prefer veggie food but I think it's more to do with the texture of the meat than the taste of it, he's pretty fussy

A mom from playschool is vegan, but her kid eats meat if it is on the playschools lunch, (which it is like once a week)

Though I am a vegetarian I think it is good to feed your children meat especially when they are growing up.

I've been a vegetarian since I was 13. LO is allowed to eat meat. I don't serve much of it to her, but she might have it at a restaurant, at someone else's house, etc. I'd like her to be vegetarian, but feel like its a decision she should make for herself one day if its what she wants/believes in.
Almost exactly this, I have been veggie since I was 14 (I'm now 27 so nearly half my life!) but my partner eats meat. My partner eats vegetarian some days but generally we have the same meal but I have a different protein than him. Usually, my daughter gets a mix of both on her plate. She happily eats either and hasn't shown a preference yet.

I would love her to be vegetarian but it has to be her choice and I want to offer her the widest range of food possible.

Other way around; my LB chose to be a veggie, aged four, and is sticking to it, so I don't cook meat. DS2 sometimes has it if OH cooks some, but I don't actively make it and I rarely eat meat myself now.

I'm vegetarian, husband is not. Bought children up eating meat. Won't be shocked if eldest who is 5 turns vegetarian as she already says doesn't like meat and shouted at dh about eating a chicken as the chicken wouldent like it. She has never been a huge fan of meat. Youngest eats most things. I have left it their choice. I became vegetarian at 5. They eat healthily so my main worryis balenced diet whether vegetarian or meat

I have often considered becoming vegetarian because I dislike the idea of eating meat and it isn't my favourite food anyways but I haven't actually done it because it's stressful enough cooking for the family and finding things they will eat (fussy husband and son) so I just do it for an easier life! If I was a vegetarian though I would still cook meat for the children unless they told me they didn't want to eat it.

I'm vegetarian, husband isn't. The kids are welcome to eat meat if they want to - my mother and husband will sometimes cook meat but I don't usually because I can't stand it. They are all happy to eat a vegetarian alternative to meat, or no meat/meat substitute. Husband is quite fussy but sometimes prefers things like Quorn. It's their choice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->