Very confused and feeling distraught.

Mandyblur

Mum of 3 soon to be 4!!!
Reaction score
Hey ladies, i apologise now if this is the wrong forum to post but i'm kind of in limbo on wether i belong here or in the first trimester.

I'm currently 16 dpo i had a perfect implantation dip on my chart and tested 2 days later (12 dpo) and got a beautiful BFP on a supermarket own brand. The next day (13 dpo) i got the same result again on the same test.

I tested yesterday (15dpo) with a clearblue +/- in the afternoon and got a clear positive within seconds.

I've never used supermarket own brands before so i wasn't sure wether to trust the result or not - and as for clearblue well BLUE DYE need i say more..........

Sooooo today 16 dpo i went and bought a double pack of FRER - completely snow white - no hint of a second line - i dipped the second test and the same result.

I then panicked and ran out to get a digital - dipped it in the same sample and got pregnant 1-2 weeks!

I'm now very confused - i thought FRER were supposed to be sensitive as they say you can test 6 days before your period???

AF was due yesterday and still no sign - i'm bloated my back kills and i have constant heartburn which i've never had before!

Confused.com :(

Poor you! Sounds like you're going through the mill. Sounds to me like FRER must have been a false negative. With so many tests telling you BFP I think you'll just be worrying yourself by doubting it cause of the FRER. I did 3 tests when I had a not-so-lucky BFP and the middle one came up as BFN. Was hastily discounted by the Doc who proved it all in a blood test. Have you made an appt at the Docs?x

once you get a positive its a positive so congrats there! Only your doctor can really tell you how far along you are though so don't put to much stake on the 1-2 weeks..

Also the 1-2 weeks could be how long ago you implanted and since doctors can't pinpoint exactly when a womens O's they go by your lmp...

Sounds like you had a dodgy batch of FRER hun, you can get a false negative but you can't get a false positive!

Get it confirmed at you Doc's if you're worried.

And congratulations :)

oh i know about the 1-2 weeks on digitals - i just cant understand why a FRER at 25miu would be neg and a digi at 50miu would be pos from the same sample - do you think the frers are possibly a bad batch? I've not made an appointment with my doctor yet - they dont see you round here until your between 8-10 weeks and the past 3 times i've been pregnant i've miscarried between 6&7 weeks.

Now i'm really confused 17 dpo internet cheapie 25 miu BFN! Now officially late with a leuteal phase of 15 - temps still high and seem to have a second dip on my chart???

What the flip is going on????

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2c6633

I would say that you definately pregnant as a false negative is more likely than a false positive, and you have had so many positives come up.

I would book to see your GP just to confirm the pregnancy with a blood test and explain why you had to se them i.e. conflicting test results.

However, from the sounds of things, you are definately pregnant, so I would blame it on faulty tests. Hugs Xxx

Thanks for the reply i have an appointment with my gp this afternoon and luckily its also family clinic day at the surgery so they should be able to do me a test there and then! will keep you updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->