Very confused

Kimberly2014

Reaction score
Hi. I did 3 IUi w clomid w no success. I produced eggs naturally but never got pregnant. Now Ive just started Ivf. Dr put me on bcp to regulate everyone's cycle in office. I had breakthrough bleeding the entire time on bcp. I stopped 7 days ago. I'm pretty sure I had a normal period but on day 6 I'm still spotting. I started Ivf meds (menopure, hcg, follistim 4 days ago. Mc 2 bloodwork was fine but today they called and increased my dosages because my estradiol is low. I'm worried I haven't produced any follicles bec of bcp. I know bcp is normal for a lot of clinics but I had breakthrough bleeding spotting the entire time on it. I'm off it now but if my estradiol levels are low is there a chance no follicles? Shouldn't they be able to tell by now? When I did IUi at another clinic they were able to see follicles on day 3. But this new dr is saying just to increase meds and wait and see. Should meds help w follicle development? Or did I just lose my first cycle of Ivf- I'm just worried bec when I went off bcp 1.5 years ago it took me a while to get normal again though I was on bcp for 5 years before that.
Should I be worried? Or just keep doing my shots and hope it's early in my cycle w follicle development? Why would estradiol be low (though only 3 days of injections after that bloodwork result)?
I'm really worried and have always ovulated on own. But now starting Ivf- I'm concerned esp since this is second dr. Please help!!!!! My Amh levels are low 3 at 38 y/o. Anyone???
Thanks for any help.

I'll suggest you just relax and roll with it. Anxiety is the last thing you need right now.

For some women BCP can over suppress the ovarys leading to higher stim doses and more stim time. as the PP said try not to stress.

It sounds like your on the right path (as stressed or confused as you may be) you really do have to rely on your doctors here. May I ask where you are from & if your IVF is covered or if your paying yourself? that's possibly my next step but healthcare where I'm from does not cover any costs..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->