Very healthy and tasty veggie lasagne!

NuKe

mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I make this once a week (Monday is lasagne day) and although myself and my oh both eat meat, it's a great alternative to meat as it's lower in fat and we both think it actually tastes better too!! It's my own recipe, and does both of us for dinner on the monday and the following tuesday too!

Ingredients

1 X pack of Quorn mince (wI use fresh but you could use frozen instead)
1 X beef stock cube
2 X cloves of garlic
chilli powder, cracked black pepper, paprika (optional, to taste)
egg pasta sheets
6 asparagus spears, chopped into chunks (if you are using large ones, 3 will do)
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 small can sweetcorn
1/2 can of beans (I use aduki beans but any are fine, eg chickpeas)
1 small red onion, diced
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 pack grated low fat cheese (mozzerella works best I think)
8 cherry tomatoes (for on top, you don't need these, but makes it look lovely!)

This recipe is so simple! All you do is crush and fry the garlic in a little olive oil for around 10 seconds, then chuck in all the veg except the sweetcorn and the tomatoes. Once they are almost cooked, add the Quorn mince and stir it all together. Crumble in the stock cube, add your spices and pepper if desired, add the rest of the veg and stir. Let it simmer for about 10 mins. Then simply layer it in a casserole dish with the sheets of egg pasta. I can usually get 4 layers of sauce with this amount. Make sure the top layer is sauce, not pasta, then chop the cherry tomatoes in half and arrange them flat side down on top of the lasagne. Cover with cheese, making sure the tops of the tomatoes are showing slightly (when the cheese melts the tomatoes show through, a nice touch I think!). Then stick it in a preheated oven for 30 mins at 180. From start to finish, it usually takes me about 45 mins, including the 30 mins cooking time. I hope you try it and more importantly, like it!!

Mucho Love. NuKe :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->