Very heavy period every OTHER month?!

CP x

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this?

My periods have been a mess since going off BCPs. I started taking Vitex, I think in December last year because I was so irregular and hadn't had a period in about 3-4 months, once I started taking it I spotted every 3-4 weeks but nothing that I would call a 'period'. Then finally in April I had a massive blow out of a period that lasted almost 2 weeks and was extremely heavy (TMI - had to change my tampon every 1-2 hours and bled through almost everything I wore), then 32 days later I had a light/spotty period for about 5 days and now AF showed 10 days early and I'm having another extremely heavy one right now. Anyone know why it would be heavy every other month? Maybe my light/spotty week was ovulation and my cycles are really 52 days long?! I've never experienced such heavy periods until going off the pill, before and during I would have light-medium ones that only lasted 3-4 days.

When I was taking Vitex, I didn't take it the week of AF because it made them last longer. But I'm not really sure what it recommended. I've read some people just take it the first part of their cycle, others toward the end. For me, skipping the week of AF seemed best.

Thanks, I don't know if Vitex is causing it or not, I've been taking it everyday since December and it's been either light/spotty or a huge blow out. Maybe I'll stop taking it all together and see what my cycles do.

I think your ovulating much later then the normal day 14 and thats leading to your uterine lining being very thick when your AF is due , that would be the reason for such a long heavy bleed , either that or there is a chance your not ovulating at all which will also cause a build up of the uterine lining. I suggest charting your cycles , take the charting course on Fertility friend.com basal body temping will give you an idea of whats going on.

That makes a lot of sense, thank you so much! I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor to see if we can figure out what's going on in there. I am also going to try charting and see how that goes. Thanks for the help!

That makes a lot of sense, thank you so much! I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor to see if we can figure out what's going on in there. I am also going to try charting and see how that goes. Thanks for the help!

Thats a good idea , your doctor can run your CD 3 bloods to check FSH,LH TSH and E2, and a cd 21 progesterone test, and if it shows your not ovulating Clomid can help. good luck , and your very welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->