VERY high HCG levels - good sign?

mamarix16

Pregnant with baby #3!
Reaction score
Hi there girls, just following on from my last post being absolutely terrified and tortured by bad dreams of loosing baby I have had the results of my HCG test back today and the nurse said she is shocked that they are very high and have more than tripled! I know absolutely nothing is gaurenteed but I am just wondering if this is good news in regards to maybe having a better chance of a viable pregnancy and 12 weeks or does it literally just mean that I am pregnant? Thanks girls xxxx

It definitely may be multiples! Sounds like everything is progressing well.

They were 900 2 days ago and they have apparently more than tripled she didnt tell me the exact number but am going back on Monday so will ask xxx

I don't think that's high for those numbers mine went from 624 to 3204 in 3 days

Congratulations. At 4w6d mine were over 18,000, so in comparison those numbers don't seem that high, but they are rising very good and that's what counts. The hcg is not as informational as the scans (ie: I had great numbers in my first pregnancy but still lost the baby), but yours do look good.

HCG is no indication of twins at all, in fact many twins have LOW HCG levels and no idea why people always think twins somehow have higher levels

at 6 weeks my hcg was 25,000 but only 1 baby in there :)

eta: i was bleeding and cramping but the nurse said my high hcg was 'reassuring' x

My doctor was more concerned about my progesterone level indicating multiples than my hcg levels (which more than doubled as well).

As long as your hcg has increased 1-2 times, its a good thing. As you can see there are so many different ranges here! Mine done 72 hours apart are in my signature. Once doctors have noticed a clear increase they won't even use hcg as a factor anymore.

HCG is no indication of twins at all, in fact many twins have LOW HCG levels and no idea why people always think twins somehow have higher levels

My HCG levels were utterly unremarkable. I had no idea there were two of them until my ultrasound.

My doctor was more concerned about my progesterone level indicating multiples than my hcg levels (which more than doubled as well).

Wow! I never knew that. I learned something new today! Thanks!

wow it so interesting how different all our bodies are! Thanks for all the comments! H & H 9 months to you all xxx

Wow! I never knew that. I learned something new today! Thanks!

Yeah, I am not sure about the statistics of all that, but I believe progesterone levels in the first tri are suppose to be around 15-20 and mine was 72. When I had my progesterone level checked I did not even know I was pregnant, but apparently my doctor and nurse not only assumed I was pregnant, they were afraid I was having twins.
So when I got my BFP (a week after checking my progesterone) I was too excited to wait for my 8 week scan so went in to a private scan at the tail end of 6 weeks and they confirmed a single.
When I finally saw my doctor at 8 weeks I sheepishly told her I had a private scan and the first thing she asked me was: Are there 2? And then she explained to me afterwards that her and my nurse were saying my levels were unusually high and they were thinking twins.
I did do a search, and although my numbers were high women with multiples were reporting all over the place, some in the 50s, some in the hundreds. And of course, there were women who had high progesterone and got a BFN.
I think overall there is a correlation between high progesterone and twins, but I wouldn't go off of anything other than an ultrasound. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->