• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Very late ovulation + strep throat. Help!

Orglethorp

Reaction score
Up until this cycle, I was extremely regular. 36 day cycles, O on CD23. I had a possible 1DPO temp Monday morning (CD38), but by that evening I was running a fever and today I finally went to the doc and found out I have strep throat.

Now, I know that about a third of all strep infections don't result in any significant symptoms, and I also know that untreated strep infections can "come back" easily. During my last 2WW I had about a day and a half of very forceful, painful coughing and throat irritation that in hind sight could have been a mild infection (potentially caused by strep).

So now I'm left with 2 questions:

1. Anyone ever heard of incubating strep bacteria causing significantly delayed ovulation?

2. Assuming Monday morning's temp was genuine and I am in my 2WW, should I be worried about this infection or the fact that I'm now on a 10-day round of antibiotics (amoxicillin) and possibly making a baby at the moment?

*If* that was my 1dpo temp on Monday, it's unlikely that this'll be my cycle. We didn't BD for 4 consecutive nights before & including the suspected O-day due to spending time with the family in a cabin (sharing a room with another couple!) and getting back into town so late on the return trip. We did BD Monday night, but if that was 1dpo it was likely too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"