Very Late Story .... Kian 29/08/2010

loopylou86

Reaction score
On Sunday 29th August (6 days overdue) I started contracting at about 12.45am and I thought it was an upset stomach or trapped wind (TMI). At about 4.30am they were every 8-10 mins or so and I was about to go and sit in the front room when OH woke and sat up with me. They seem to go through the following pattern; mild and gradually getting closer together and then going up a level in strength, back to 8-10 mins apart and gradually getting closer together and then going up another level, back to 8-10 mins and then closer together.

The bath was my home from about 5am for most of the moring and early afternoon with warm water helping to ease them a bit. I lost some of my plug at about 11am when I called the hospital but I was told that until they are 3-4 mins apart, unbearable and lasting about a minute, I was to stay at home :cry:

OH was great, sitting next to the bath and bringing me lots of drinks. I struggled to eat anything as I felt sick. My mum sat with me as well :flower: I called the hospital at about 1pm as some of my contractions were 3-4 mins apart and others were a little longer but again I was told to stay. It was becoming painful and I called them at about 2.30pm and said I was struggling to cope with the pain. I had now been in labour for about 13 hours :growlmad: They told me to come in but if I wasnt 4cm, I would be sent home :cry:

I was certain I wasnt 4cm and delayed going until 3.30pm. At this point I was holding onto my bed and having crazy contractions, 3 one after the other and increasing with strength :blush: there was no break between them, one ended and the other started and then I had about a 4 minute break before it started all over again :blush:

We were seen about 4.10pm and I lost even more of my plug (how big is this thing!!). The MW was also baffled by my contractions and could feel one stop and another start instantly. Babies head couldnt be seen and I was only 3cm. I pleaded to stay and she unofficially admitted me, gave me a room and re-examined me at 6.30pm. Whilst we waited my contractions were so painful and I felt so sick. Moving around became hard and I really thought I couldnt cope. 6.30pm arrived and I was examined and was 4cm and the babies head could be seen. I was officially admitted. As I got off the bed, a load more of my plug came out and I had to ask OH to look away! A little embarrassing!

I was put in a new room, given gas and air and at about 7pm I was put in the birthing pool. This was a little more comforting but I couldnt get comfortable. Every contraction was getting worse and no matter how I sat or crouched, I couldnt deal with it. The gas and air had no affect except making me very thirsty and gave me a dry mouth. The MW said if I felt the need to push, do it and I did. The next minute another MW was urgently called in and I was dragged out the pool and put on the bed (with great difficulty!) This happened about 9.00pm and my waters were broken about 5 mins later. I was pulled out as the babies heart rate kept dropping and they weren't happy.

Everything seemed to take ages. I wasnt dilated enough but really wanted to push and having three contractions, one after the other was tiring me out. Its so hard not to push when your body wants to. I really thought I wasnt going to make it. I was pleading with my OH to stop the pain, I couldnt take it much longer. There were quite a few tears and OH was great, next to me the whole time. They kept shoving the gas and air in my mouth and telling me to take deep breaths but I had such a dry mouth and felt so dehydrated, I didnt want it. When I had to push, I was so tired by the third contraction that I was struggling to get him out and getting myself into a panic. The MW said he had lots of hair but I couldnt give a damn, I was in agony! She asked if I wanted to feel the head and I said 'no I bloody dont, I just want it out!'

Eventually, by 10.07, he was born and he had his arm next to his head which is why I was struggling to get him out - cheeky monkey! He was put straight onto my chest and pooed on me. He then wee'd on me and pooed on me again! Thank you Mr!! I was told my yellow bump was blue and OH cut the cord. I had superficial tearing and a few stitches but he was amazing. The pain just disappeared!

Kian born on the 29/08/2010 at 10.07pm weighing 7lbs 1oz.
Labour - nearly 21 1/2 hours :cry::cry::cry:

Awww congrats... I am sure he is lovely :)

And already a cheeky little monkey... hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->