Very messy feeder - any advice?

clairec81

Reaction score
Hi everyone just a quick question - I value all of your opinions over my HV any day! My LO (who is 18 weeks/11 corrected) is and has always been a very dribbly feeder. She goes through a bib and muslin each feed and you can see the milk coming out of her mouth (one side only funnily). I have got used to it and dont mind but she has had issues with weight gain and now thinking this cant be helping. I changed to Dr Brown bottles after a milk change but this hasn't made the mess better, or worse. She is definitely worse near the end of a feed when she's tired but does dribble throughout. Anyone else experienced this or have any advice? Thanks in advance!
P.S. She is also a snuffly baby and always has been - might be contributing?

Hi Claire, my LO has been flipping dribbily from day one. She still is now, maybe not so much, I think with time and age it improved. Is the HV making you worry about her weight?

Yeah! Erin was small to begin with at 3lb and has never stayed static with weight - always gained! However she is under the 0.4th centile on her own wee line heading upwards. She gains between 3oz (on a bad week) and 7 oz per week but HV is concerned! She is 18 weeks just now and 8lb 3oz - I was happy with that but now getting a bit worried!

Hi Claire, one of my twins was always a really dribbly feeder. Like Erin it was always from one side too!! When he was tiny he dribbled so much we'd use a bib, a muslin & have to change his babygrow after. We never managed to stop it but as he got bigger it got better & better & now we only have a slightly damp bib after each feed! x

Hi. I wouldnt worry about what the HV says, sounds like she's doing just fine to me. Molly used to be very messy too, and very snuffly. I tried all sorts of bottles and teats etc inc Dr Browns, but in the end we eventually decided to stick with one type and persevere and that seemed to work eventually. You could maybe try using a stage 2 teat if she is on stage 1 now and getting tired, but it could just make the dribbling worse :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->