Very New

Alexina

Reaction score
Hi all, I am very new to all this and am not sure of all the correct abrieviations to use or what half of them mean. I will give you a quick run down of where I am at and if anyone has any advice that would be great.

I am 37 married (9yrs) with partner for 13yrs we have at long last decided we would like to try for a family having put it off for careers and financial reasons but now feel the time is right, however I am worried we have left it too late. This is only our third month of trying but I get so anxious waiting for my period. This month I have used a boots ovulation predictor kit today it said negative but I tried a Tesco one which said positive I don't know what I am doing we had intercourse last night and I am due on on the 19th July with a 29 day cycle. Is there anything else I need to be doing? I try not to stress but am so anxious to be pregnant.

Thank you all.

Hey Alexina, you're very welcome - good to see you. There is a list of abbreviations in the official bit near the top of the home page - or just ask people if you're not sure - its what I do!
It can be really stressful but the ladies here are full of good ideas and support. Try reading the trying for number 1 over 35 thread - people there are very lovely.
I know lots of people chart their body temperature - I'm not doing that at the mo as it was stopping me sleeping but it could be useful.
Sending you big hugs xxx

At 37 you haven't left it too late. Am 43 and would love to be trying at your age. Good Luck.

Hi all, I am very new to all this and am not sure of all the correct abrieviations to use or what half of them mean. I will give you a quick run down of where I am at and if anyone has any advice that would be great.

I am 37 married (9yrs) with partner for 13yrs we have at long last decided we would like to try for a family having put it off for careers and financial reasons but now feel the time is right, however I am worried we have left it too late. This is only our third month of trying but I get so anxious waiting for my period. This month I have used a boots ovulation predictor kit today it said negative but I tried a Tesco one which said positive I don't know what I am doing we had intercourse last night and I am due on on the 19th July with a 29 day cycle. Is there anything else I need to be doing? I try not to stress but am so anxious to be pregnant.

Thank you all.

Hi Alexina!

I am 38 and also on round 3 of trying! I am on a 28 day cycle and due to get my period today. (Nothing yet) but hubby and I have everything crossed!

It is normal to be confused as well as anxious - I think we all are LOL. It is also a learning period for me as well - I have been charting (temps and all the fertility signs). At the very least it makes me feel in control somewhat.

Welcome to the wonderful (and often heartbreaking) world of trying to conceive! Remember you (and me) we are both very early in the game yet. 3 months of trying is not very long but it is important to stay positive.

Hey there fellow newbie,

I have been plotting and peeing on ov tests for the last few months and nothing so this month I have thrown them out of the window (not literally!) so I felt far to stressed by it all.

I have decided (for this month only) to enjoy my hubby xx

Thank you all.

:hi: and welcome

Im 39 dh 41....sometimes I feel like I waited too long. But I hear alot of success stories of women concieving their first at 40+, which gives me encourgement and hope:flower:

Hang in there hun:hugs:

Thank you so much for all your kind words. I am sure my husband thinks I am going mad with all this. It must be difficult for the men in our lives to really understand what we go through each month. I try really hard not to go about it too much.

Today I have had some brown discharge only a little but have had period type aches all day in my back and tummy but am not due on until 19th July so not sure what that's all about. Any ideas anyone?

I really feel for everyone here as we are only on our 3rd month. A very close friend of mine has just had a negative test from her 1st round of IVF so I am trying to be strong for her too.

Thank you all for the lovely welcome

Could be an implantation bleed? Some women have that, which would obviously be a reason to be hopeful. I concieved at 37. We'd been throwing caution to the wind for a good two years before that (contraception -wise) and nothing so I thought we would have problems but when we really started trying it took 3 months. I used fertility friend website (am I allowed to say that on here? I don't think its a forum) to chart my temps and found out I wasn't ovulating until day 19 so that helped with timing things. Good luck!

Hi - firstly, try not to get too anxious - everyone seems to know someone that will tell you they fell on the first month of trying, but there are loads of people that aren't that lucky.

I would think about charting - your cycle is split into two, and although the common wisdom is that you ovulate on Day 14 of a 28 day cycle, that isn't the same for everyone. Charting (even if for a month or two) could help you see where you usually ovulate - you could just be timing BD wrong.

As for the slight bleed - could be ovulatory breakthough bleeding, which would indicate you have OV'd, it could be implantation bleeding, although it might be a bit early for that...no real way to know yet.

Good luck.

Sparky67

Thank you for your advice this is all so confusing I have a 29 day cycle and on 6th July got a positive on the predictor kit but the same day got a negative using a different brand of kit mu husband and I had been BD the night before (Mon) then on Wed and Thur this is when I have had the period type pains and brown discharge which has now stopped. I have another week before I am due on so although I am not saying anything to my husband I am pretty anxious and looking out for any symptoms during this coming week. I would so love to get a BFP before my Mum arrive from Australia as it would be great to tell her when she arrives at the airport as no body even knows we are ttc. Oh well fingers crossed this week and to everyone else.

Sparky,

just wanted to add that different tests can have different sensitivities (the amount of lh, luteinising hormone it needs to detect to give you a positive for ovulation). My personal recommendation, which admittedly is pricey, although you can get it much cheaper on ebay, is a clearblue fertility monitor. It measures oestrogen as well so tells you when you are about to ovulate (for bd/ sex reasons) as well as when you are ovulating. You pee on a stick in the morning, stick it in the machine and it gives you a reading, low- nothing, high - fertile, peak - ovulation detected. Normally you will use half a pack of sticks in a month and it learns to read your cycle, which is great.

Joining Ferilityfriends.com is also good as its free, unless you want the premium option but even that is not extortionate and a good tool. As long as you learn your cycle its more about tenacity and learning patience (tell that to my head, why don't you, lol!). I for instance have a 29 day cycle too. I ovulate on cd17 or cd18 and a luteal phase (time from ovulation to period ) of 12 days. This means i always know when Im due and can just count the days from ovulation. As ov can change from time to time its useful as the lp doesn't really change - it stays the same, more or less.

Don't worry about your hubby - men usually thing they have super- sperm and by simply looking at you we'll get pg - not so, lol! The average young, healthy couple ttc will get pg within 12 months. Personally, Ive found i got pg about 6-7 months of ttc. Having said that, not every month was a winner either, if you know what i mean, late nights, working, illness can also mess this up :)

Regardless, im sure it will happen and i wish you all the luck with this cycle and that you will be able to give your mum some wonderful news!

Omi xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->