VERY OVERDUE birth story of Marley Jack born 12.11.09!! *PICS*

ClaireLouise

Reaction score
Hello ladies!! I might not know many of you now as i have been offline since my little boy was born. Not going to lie... I COMPLETELY FORGOTTON!! So here goes! Il try and keep it as compact as possible :flower:

I was due on 8th Nov, so on 11th i went for routine MW appointment. My BP had been quite high throughout my pregnancy but i never had protein in my urine so nothing was thought of it. The MW wanted me to go hospital at 3pm for a blood test just to make sure so off i went! The blood tests came back abnormal and i was told i needed to be induced immediatley!! I was cacking it! Apparently my platelets were very low and i was told i should of had a c-section but i would bleed to death because my blood wouldnt clot. I also couldnt have an epidural or anything like that, natural as possible!

I was given a pessary, then had my waters broken, put on a hormone drip and labour started! After about 8-10 hours of labour and dilation with just gas & air (my MIL was brilliant, rubbing my back etc. She told me i hardly made a sound throughout labour and i was even singing haha. I did have a mini fit towards the end tho) i was 9 1/2 cm. The MW stretched me the rest and i was told to start pushing. I pushed and pushed and pushed. After 2 hours i was getting tired and he just wasnt budging and his HR was dipping. Then about 5 doctors flew in, i was told i needed a forceps delivery to get baby out asap. I remember the doc shoving the forceps in WITHOUT numbing me first - that bloody hurt!!! I shouted no no no haha. So i was given a local down there, and given an epiosotomy. Then with the MW brilliant coaching i eventually pushed Marley Jack out with the help of forceps at 6.07am on 12th Nov. I did briliantly i think :)

God the relief! It took the doc half an hour to stitch me up (lotsa stitches) and i lost over a litre of blood. I had to stay in hospital for 4 days and they told me a had a blood disorder called HELLP syndrome. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HELLP_syndrome

I was apparently the first patient they come across who had it. Its a varient of severe pre eclempsia and can go undetected (see link above, i wont go on and on about it :sleep:).

Iv only just stopped taking my iron tablets (3 months on!!) and recovering from the stitches was hell. Worse than labour. I couldnt walk for 2 weeks! But im all better now, Marley Jack is beautiful, :cloud9: the absolute DOUBLE of his dad, The longest eyelashes EVER, willing his hair to grow quicker and he is brilliant - a greedy little puddin - hes over 14lb and hes 15 weeks today. Im loving being his mummy and i do a fantastic job of it too!! Enjoy the piccies ladies, hope you & your LO are good!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 3
Aw hon :happydance:

They put you through the mill a bit!!

Hazel came home in that 'I love my daddy' babygro just 3 days later :D

Can't believe you forgot about us though! Tut!
But you manged 3 months without needing to ask us a thing?? You must be superwoman :p

Glad you and Marley are back xxx

Haha aww i know im bad! The first 2 months were a shock to the system but i reckon iv got a grip of it now. Second nature and all that. But iv got teething, crawling, walking, potty training etc to come yet! Although he is sleeping through the night and in his own room so im off to a good start :)

Awwww!
Wow he looks sooo grown up the pic where he is in his bumbo looks like a 6 month old! He is so handsome and you have him dressed so cute!

Aww congratulations and well done :D He really does have super long eyelashes doesn't he?!

congrats on little marley - he's gorgeous!

He is absolutely gorgeous! I bet you are so proud.

CONGRATULATIONS

xx

He's gorgeous hun, I was wondering where you had got to !

Welcome back :happydance:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"