Very sharp stabbing pain...braxton hicks?!

MaybeThisMnth

Reaction score
Hey Mummies! I've been getting some really sharp pains on and off for the last week or so and think they might be Braxton Hicks but don't seem like the ones a lot of people experience :shrug: They literally feel like someone is sticking a needle right into the top of my bits...probably right where my cervix is, and they seem to last a few seconds before going away and then coming back again. Sometimes i only get one, other times i get several in a row and a few days ago i had one lasting about 45 seconds whilst i was in the middle of teaching and i literally couldn't move for the discomfort! I had a few whilst wandering around the shops today but the one i've just had literally made me shoot over onto my left side and shout "oouuccchhhhhh!" :blush: My poor husband thought i'd just done something major to myself! I don't get any tightenings with them, they're just very sharp/stabbing pains which go away pretty quickly. Any idea what they are? I'm sure it's perfectly normal and nothing to ask the midwife about...i'm just curious! x

Sounds more like what we "lovingly" refer to as lightening crotch. Lol. Comes from pressure and stretching. BH are more tightening and pressure feeling. Can have some pain with them, not usually too bad though.

Sounds more like what we "lovingly" refer to as lightening crotch. Lol. Comes from pressure and stretching. BH are more tightening and pressure feeling. Can have some pain with them, not usually too bad though.

That's good to know, thanks! Lightening Crotch is the perfect word...clearly a good sign but owwww! :thumbup:

Yes, lightening crotch. I've had a couple of days where I've had spasms there off and on over the course of a couple of hours.

Additionally, if the baby kicks you or moves JUST so sometimes, it can also cause sharp pains. My little one has been digging her head into my hip, and every time I am doubled over in pain from it. :\

What we mommies go through to get our little ones sometimes... Then when they get here and smile at you... and it's all worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->