• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

very shortened cervix - twin pregnancy

cookie4800

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm new here but can use all the help and encouragement I can get. 19 weeks pregnant with twin girls. At scan yesterday at mfm they noticed I have a VERY shortened cervix. They said it should be at a 4 and mine is at a .83. I'm just devastated. I'm now on home bed rest and they will be putting a pessary in either tomorrow or on monday. Also on progesterone suppositories. Said a cerclage is not an option in twin pregnancies. (Altho I have read many mixed feelings on it) anyways... I guess I'm just looking for any advice/positive stories or whatever. I just feel so helpless and scared!

Sorry to hear you are having a stressful time in your pregnancy. Did they measure your cervix with an abdominal or vaginal scan? A vaginal scan is much more accurate.

At 21 weeks I was found to be 5cm dilated with membranes bulging. I was expected to lose the girls but after 5 days of not labouring a different consultant agreed to try and push the membranes back in and place a stitch. The consultant did say a stitch is very unknown with twin pregnancies. At 25 weeks I got an infection which triggered labour but this was probably caused by me being dilated and losing my mucas plug. One of my twins lungs were not developed enough and she passed away at 1 day old but my survivor is now 4 and doing brilliantly.

There have been many positive things about progesterone so this may work for you. During my time in bedrest I was only allowed up to go to the bathroom and I had to have a shower sitting down.

I hope your next scan gives you some positive news.

Good luck

I know someone who is pregnant the same time as me and she has had a very short cervix since 21 weeks doctor said she would barely make it to 24 weeks. shes been bed resting (literally only getting up to go toilet) and here she is with 0.80 cervix at 34 weeks so hang in there as long as they can make it to 28 weeks it shouldnt be a problem afterwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->