Very strange situation

cw6783

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I've never posted before but I've been a keen visitor since I was pregnant with my little girl who is now 4!

Just posting really to see if anyone has experienced what I am experiencing at the moment.
I came off the contraceptive pill beginning of March, had my withdrawal bleed. I had my first proper period 5 weeks after, so we then commenced with ttc number 2.
My periods when trying to conceive my daughter and before the contraceptive pill were always very regular.
So, the first day of my last period was 15th April. I'm still waiting in what has become a 4ww:growlmad:
I've done countless pregnancy tests starting from two weeks ago - all negative.
I'm very concerned so yesterday went to the doctors and I'm due to have blood tests on Tuesday.
This has never happened to me before, I got a positive pregnancy test the day before my period last time around, was very straight forward!
Just wondering if anyone has had something similar xxx

This happened to me. I skipped an entire period randomly shortly after coming off the BCP. The doctor said it was either stress or my cycles readjusting x

You've just spent a few years over-riding your own hormones and taking artificial ones, I'd say it's pretty normal for it to take a while to adjust.

I've never had regular periods (I've had three or four cycles back to back now since about Oct/Nov, which is the most regular it has ever been - I'm 31 :haha: On the cycles I know I ov'd, it was on CD30, CD20 and CD20 respectively. I don't know about the first one but I was between 35 and 45 days each time) so what you describe is my normal. I can have anything up to 12 months between bleeds :) (handy most of the time, not so much when trying to get knocked up)

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about and just your body regulating after the pill.

Thanks for the replies ladies, I think it just threw me as it was so regular when I came off last time.
Will see what this week brings xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->