Very worried 38 with low amh....

tessjs

Reaction score
HiI'm 38 and half live in Brisbane australia and just had my amh tested at day 3 and it came in at 1.6... my fsh has stayed steady at 6 the same as my day 21 test in it..been off the pill nearly three months after long term use for skin issues(acne).no thyroid or pcos issues....no diabetes .

Obviously I am mortified..and very very worried..My other half is 32 and we are awaiting his results....he wants children!

I had already feared the worst the middle of this year and had a referral in hand to a FS , i couldn't get off teh pill as I was planning our wedding and didn't want my skin breaking out.i have booked an appoint for next tues asap after getting the bad results....I just don't know what to make of all this.My lousy doc was uncaring and said i need acupuncture and change in lifestyle and chinese herbs..I mean what do I take from that..????

I was low in iron, vitamin d and c and told to get supplements.

is there no hope? Would they even look at IVF....

Hello,
I am new to the whole AMH / FSH thing but I had a test for AMH which came back today as 1.9 and I am 35. According to the nurse that is an undetectable range but she was keen for me to go for IVF so I think in answer to your question about IVF then based on your AMH they would consider it! Hope that helps slightly. I have also booked some acupuncture as I don't think it can hurt to try!

Hope it all works out for you x

Hi,

I live in Melbourne :) I have low AMH as well it was 6.7 and I see a FS that specializes in low AMH, the very first thing I was put on is DHEA 75mg per day. It isn't sold in stores in Australia and my FS gave me a script for it to made at a compounding pharmacy but you can order it online. I definately recommend trying this and it can take 3-4 months for it to build up. You take it all month as well so don't stop it in your TWW or during AF, as for IVF it may be recommended but it will be with high doses of stims to try to get a few eggs.

I've had 3 failed cyles of IVF because of poor response and poor fertilization :nope: However I got pregnant 3 times naturally after starting DHEA but I've since been told my immune system is also causing problems so I'm now on steriods etc. If you're going the IVF route definately start DHEA because I didn't take it the first 2 cycles and the last cycle I didn't take it long enough :shrug:

Hi,

I live in Melbourne :) I have low AMH as well it was 6.7 and I see a FS that specializes in low AMH, the very first thing I was put on is DHEA 75mg per day. It isn't sold in stores in Australia and my FS gave me a script for it to made at a compounding pharmacy but you can order it online. I definately recommend trying this and it can take 3-4 months for it to build up. You take it all month as well so don't stop it in your TWW or during AF, as for IVF it may be recommended but it will be with high doses of stims to try to get a few eggs.

I've had 3 failed cyles of IVF because of poor response and poor fertilization :nope: However I got pregnant 3 times naturally after starting DHEA but I've since been told my immune system is also causing problems so I'm now on steriods etc. If you're going the IVF route definately start DHEA because I didn't take it the first 2 cycles and the last cycle I didn't take it long enough :shrug:

What was your FSH? if you don't mind me asking.If you had 6.7 with amh what hope have I at 1.6:( OMG none at all I would imagine...My first appointment with a FS is on tuesday....I'm sooooo scared...all these drugs scare me i don't know if i want to take them....

My fsh was taken last feb at 16 with 1 antral follie left (I was 36). I've been on antioxidants to help repair cellular damage from aging (pycnogenol, resveratrol, seleniu)DHEA (50mg ordered from a place in the states that delivers internationally despite local regulations) and lots of vitamins. B6, B12, C, D, and E are key for fertility so is EPO and Inositol & NAC. In the year after taking supplements and being told by my FC that I have less than 5% chance of conceiving we've had 1chemical and a pregnancy w/ m/c in Sept.

With the u/s in Nov after my m/c they said there are now 4 functioning antral follies. I do believe supplements can change things for you, despite being told by my FC they won't do anything.

I did take Chinese herbs from a well known organic health food store and wound up in the ER for the first time in my life. I recommend acupuncture but Chinese herbs are contraindicated with pregnancy and aren't regulated even to the standards of other supplements. Is it worth your health? And soy is considered an anti nutrient which has caused infertility for men, women and children with it's consumption, read up the google scholarly articles if you think this'll help ovulation.

My fsh was taken last feb at 16 with 1 antral follie left (I was 36). I've been on antioxidants to help repair cellular damage from aging (pycnogenol, resveratrol, seleniu)DHEA (50mg ordered from a place in the states that delivers internationally despite local regulations) and lots of vitamins. B6, B12, C, D, and E are key for fertility so is EPO and Inositol & NAC. In the year after taking supplements and being told by my FC that I have less than 5% chance of conceiving we've had 1chemical and a pregnancy w/ m/c in Sept.

With the u/s in Nov after my m/c they said there are now 4 functioning antral follies. I do believe supplements can change things for you, despite being told by my FC they won't do anything.

I did take Chinese herbs from a well known organic health food store and wound up in the ER for the first time in my life. I recommend acupuncture but Chinese herbs are contraindicated with pregnancy and aren't regulated even to the standards of other supplements. Is it worth your health? And soy is considered an anti nutrient which has caused infertility for men, women and children with it's consumption, read up the google scholarly articles if you think this'll help ovulation.

Thanks for responding.tommorrow is D day my first FS appoint... don't know what to expect...I don't do well on EPO and my PMS on that gets worse...I tried it many years ago just generally and I didn't react well to it even though its just a supplement...I'm scared of chinese medicine I would be willing to try acupuncture.Wish me luck!

Thanks for responding.tommorrow is D day my first FS appoint... don't know what to expect...I don't do well on EPO and my PMS on that gets worse...I tried it many years ago just generally and I didn't react well to it even though its just a supplement...I'm scared of chinese medicine I would be willing to try acupuncture.Wish me luck!

I hope they test your hormone levels for you. If your fsh is high and progesterone is low try asking for some progesterone cream for cd21-28 to reduce pms symptoms. If you get preggers, progesterone will also help you with pregnancy if it's naturally low in your body.

I take EPO because it's a really great antiinflammatory, I have arthritis and they say that inflammation can also hinder implantation. I also take salmon oil and turmeric. This might take some of the swelling/pain out of pms but I've found that vitex helps me balance the estrogen progesterone balance. I went to a naturopath and a month after she upped my vitex dose I got the BFP.

I hope they test your hormone levels for you. If your fsh is high and progesterone is low try asking for some progesterone cream for cd21-28 to reduce pms symptoms. If you get preggers, progesterone will also help you with pregnancy if it's naturally low in your body.

I take EPO because it's a really great antiinflammatory, I have arthritis and they say that inflammation can also hinder implantation. I also take salmon oil and turmeric. This might take some of the swelling/pain out of pms but I've found that vitex helps me balance the estrogen progesterone balance. I went to a naturopath and a month after she upped my vitex dose I got the BFP.

My FSH is normal at 6.tested at day 3 and day 21 at 6 both times... doe sthat make any difference to anything?what is Vitex can i get in australia?I think I do have inflammatory probs as I am ache just getting around most days.i get very sore hips and have a bad back and neck.I am sooo nervous and petrified I don't think i will sleep tonight .since off the pill I don't get sore boobs, or get any PMS I'm thinking thats a bad sign:( I get a few bad headaches and had that around the time I was supposed to ovulate a few days back now... I've notice my skin has deteriorated in the last week, getting acne on one side of my face:( Don't know what is happening to me at the bit but thinking its not good:( very worried about tommorrow...

your body will take time to get it''s natural hormone rhythm back. You may have an imbalance (estrogen dominance can cause facial acne). EPO helps with this and so does taking omega 3/6 oils.
https://www.livestrong.com/article/469770-how-does-chasteberry-affect-a-regular-menstrual-cycle/

your body will take time to get it''s natural hormone rhythm back. You may have an imbalance (estrogen dominance can cause facial acne). EPO helps with this and so does taking omega 3/6 oils.
https://www.livestrong.com/article/469770-how-does-chasteberry-affect-a-regular-menstrual-cycle/

Thanks... Its been nearly three months off the pill and I'm only starting to see some spots and acne it wa smuch quicker last time (2010)when i went off it...(ie acne started quite quickly.EPO made it worse for me some years ago( i was on the pill then too), I could try again though... and have been on steady fish oil for two years straight...oh well wish me luck tommorrow....

Looks like you're doing everything you can, good luck tomorrow!

Hi,

I have no idea what my FSH is, FS doesn't check that because it can change month to month and not as reliable, if you had a 1.6AMH then there are still eggs:thumbup: don't give up:hugs::hugs:

My FSH is normal at 6.tested at day 3 and day 21 at 6 both times... doe sthat make any difference to anything?what is Vitex can i get in australia?I think I do have inflammatory probs as I am ache just getting around most days.i get very sore hips and have a bad back and neck.I am sooo nervous and petrified I don't think i will sleep tonight .since off the pill I don't get sore boobs, or get any PMS I'm thinking thats a bad sign:( I get a few bad headaches and had that around the time I was supposed to ovulate a few days back now... I've notice my skin has deteriorated in the last week, getting acne on one side of my face:( Don't know what is happening to me at the bit but thinking its not good:( very worried about tommorrow...

You can buy Vitex in Australia :)

Hi All,
I am new to this site and was wondering if any of you are using herbs?

My History: I have a son, 3 years old and we have been TTC #2 for 3 years now. We concieved in Sept 2010, but miscarried in Dec 2010 and conceived again in Dec 2011, but miscarried again.

I was recently diagnosed with diminished ovarian syndrome (AMH 1.54, FSH 10.9) and have the MTHFR factor. Doc RX'd me Folbee for the MTHFR and has me taking baby aspirin daily. In addition to that I have been taking:

(Regimen based on my own research)
Licorice Root 450mg 2x/day (days 5-9)
Royal Jelly Capsules: 500mg 2x/day
Bee Propolis: 500mg 2x/day
CoQ10: 100mg daily

I did an OPK today, CD 10, and it was positive, which is odd since I usually ovulate around CD 14 or 15. Anyone have any experience with herbs that can give me some input. This is only my second cycle using herbs. Last cycle I used a digital OPK and got a positive on CD 15. Based on comments above, I am thinking maybe I should add DHEA to my regimen. How much are you taking?

Thanks! I look forward to talking with you all!

Hi All,

My History: I have a son, 3 years old and we have been TTC #2 for 3 years now. We concieved in Sept 2010, but miscarried in Dec 2010 and conceived again in Dec 2011, but miscarried again.

I was recently diagnosed with diminished ovarian syndrome (AMH 1.54, FSH 10.9) and have the MTHFR factor. Doc RX'd me Folbee for the MTHFR and has me taking baby aspirin daily. In addition to that I have been taking:

I did an OPK today, CD 10, and it was positive, which is odd since I usually ovulate around CD 14 or 15. Anyone have any experience with herbs that can give me some input. This is only my second cycle using herbs. Last cycle I used a digital OPK and got a positive on CD 15. Based on comments above, I am thinking maybe I should add DHEA to my regimen. How much are you taking?

Hi SibOwen, welcome to B&B, I hope you find support and friendship here. I take a few things.
Antioxidants (cellular repair): Coq10, Pycnogenol, Acta-resveratrol, Selenium
Oils & Anti-inflammatory: Vit E, EPO, Salmon Oil, turmeric
Vits: B5, liquid D, B12 + a good prenatal (pregvit with 5mg folic acid)

Chasteberry/vitex 2.5 tblsp/day, DHEA 50 mg/day, progesterone cream cd21-28

Hot packs on tummy cd1-O and lots of excercise to get blood circulation.
OH takes folic acid as it's been proven to help prevent m/c by helping sperm quality. https://www.reuters.com/article/2008/03/19/us-nutrition-sperm-idUSN1960164920080319?feedType=RSS&feedName=healthNews&pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

Hi All,

Hi SibOwen, welcome to B&B, I hope you find support and friendship here. I take a few things.
Antioxidants (cellular repair): Coq10, Pycnogenol, Acta-resveratrol, Selenium
Oils & Anti-inflammatory: Vit E, EPO, Salmon Oil, turmeric
Vits: B5, liquid D, B12 + a good prenatal (pregvit with 5mg folic acid)

Chasteberry/vitex 2.5 tblsp/day, DHEA 50 mg/day, progesterone cream cd21-28

Hot packs on tummy cd1-O and lots of excercise to get blood circulation.
OH takes folic acid as it's been proven to help prevent m/c by helping sperm quality. https://www.reuters.com/article/2008/03/19/us-nutrition-sperm-idUSN1960164920080319?feedType=RSS&feedName=healthNews&pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

2have4kids..I went to my FS he is only recommending IVF flat out didn't blink.didn't mention DHEA didn't mention a damn thing...he was really nice but wa svery direct and said wasn't surprised at my bad amh and totally disregarded my FSH doesn't even care about it... so why do they test fsh if it means nothing?... My thought is its that old IVF thiong where the amh is evrything..He said I would need to hurry up as theres very little time left.wanted to start in jan and feb but don't know what to do...

the thoughts of doing injections and torturing myself doesn't sit well with me! I guess I should be lucky he is even thinking of doing it at all..but regardless we don't even have that sort of money:( I am devatsted and he does not believe I will conceive naturally very happy I have been having a period... etc but seems so focused on IVF.... i don't know what to do.. as My hubby wants kids and of course I do but you have to be able to afford IVF...If anybody knows of somebody in brisbane australia who can advise me on my best cours eof action or knows of a clinic for people who are having trouble and can't afford IVF I would appreciate any advice...

Yea, when I first saw my fs she said no supplements are going to help. i've been completely self medicating for nearly a year with supplements. The thing is when my 1st u/s had 1 antral follie that was producing eggs my diagnosis was bleak. Now with 2 bfp's since feb even tho 1 was chemical and 1 was m/c my u/s a few weeks ago had 4 working antral follies (still bleak but a little less so).
How does that happen:shrug::shrug::shrug: dunno but I'll keep taking things that support healthy egg development and repair old, aging cells and see where it gets me. It can't be bad, would just be a waste of money if anything. But I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with having seen the double lined hpt twice now. I have to add, only started seeing double when I started using softcups:shrug: I'm just tired of waiting for so damned long, i'd be thrilled to conceive twins through IVf and have half the family I envisioned. If there are frosties left over well wooohooo. But at this age my time has almost run out.

I watched my 30 yr old gf go from close to my diagnosis (she just had a higher fsh) to completely an-ovular in a matter of 2 years. Her only option is to adopt. She tried everything, skip collecting $200, she went straight to Ivf and remortgaged the house. Wound up in divorce, no kids and removed herself from the adoption list. Horrific. Just shoot me if this happens to me :gun:

Yea, when I first saw my fs she said no supplements are going to help. i've been completely self medicating for nearly a year with supplements. The thing is when my 1st u/s had 1 antral follie that was producing eggs my diagnosis was bleak. Now with 2 bfp's since feb even tho 1 was chemical and 1 was m/c my u/s a few weeks ago had 4 working antral follies (still bleak but a little less so).
How does that happen:shrug::shrug::shrug: dunno but I'll keep taking things that support healthy egg development and repair old, aging cells and see where it gets me. It can't be bad, would just be a waste of money if anything. But I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with having seen the double lined hpt twice now. I have to add, only started seeing double when I started using softcups:shrug: I'm just tired of waiting for so damned long, i'd be thrilled to conceive twins through IVf and have half the family I envisioned. If there are frosties left over well wooohooo. But at this age my time has almost run out.

I watched my 30 yr old gf go from close to my diagnosis (she just had a higher fsh) to completely an-ovular in a matter of 2 years. Her only option is to adopt. She tried everything, skip collecting $200, she went straight to Ivf and remortgaged the house. Wound up in divorce, no kids and removed herself from the adoption list. Horrific. Just shoot me if this happens to me :gun:

OMG thats what my Gp warned me about that men get jack of it and shoot off and you never see them again...she wanted me to do accupuncture and chinese herbs what do you think about that said it was up to me if I wanted to make it happen? should I find a chinese herablist and acupuncture an give these IVF people a clear berth i would imagione these services are expensiv etoo but not as much as IVF... I'm too old now:( I just am at a loss and feel in shock:( and shaking.Prepatred to take supplements but I'm only on fish oil 6 a aday, folic 500mg, co enzymeQ10 been on that 1 week, taking three 75mg, vitamin d 1000iu, by the way the FS said my D was fine but the GP didn't go figure(???)

what else would you suggest I take? I know about vitex etc butdo I waste money on supplements that don't do anything or take awhile to work ...?

Vitex, DHEA and Vit E is what I'd recommend and SOFTCUPS!!!
DHEA is from https://www.dhea.com/home.php?cat=249, McPherson Labs is where the Center for Human Reproduction gets their DHEA and they ship worldwide.

I've tried for 15 months, the last 4 using softcups, I keep saying it over and over, those last 4 times had 2 Bfp's while using softcups. I truly believe they work.

I believe in acupuncture but not in chinese medicine. My best friend uses chinese energy hot cold yin yang with the food she eats, and she's a nutritionist but after I wound up in the ER from taking black cohosh I'll never take chinese herbs again. They aren't standardized, they are all contraindicated with fertility and I've never been so close to having liver damage-it's simply not worth the risk. The whole concept behind their herbs is to clear the stagnant blood from around the liver. You'd do much better at drinking lOTS of water while doing something that makes you sweat and maybe some yoga cool down. Much more effective anyday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->