Visual Migraines?

PhotoPassion

Reaction score
Has anybody had aura or visual migraines before? I've never had migraines before, but I've had 4 episodes where my vision will suddenly be blurred in some places like there's water or something in my eye. I will then lose sight in like spots and then it goes away after 20 minutes. Sometimes I might have a mild headache afterwards but not much else. My doctor has tested my blood pressure and I show no signs of pre-e. She's decided to have me get a head CT tomorrow and I'm kind of terrified! I think it just sounds like weird migraines, but since one episode happened while driving my kids, I'm no longer allowed to drive :( I'm 31 weeks now and all else seems to be fine with baby.

Sounds like visual migraines to me especially if the visual disturbance is in both eyes at the same time

Yeah, it is. That's what I'm thinking too but the doctor still wants me to get a scan tomorrow��

I've always had visual auras + migraine (sounds just like what you're describing) but they happen a lot more often during pregnancy. My doctor wasn't worried. They're super annoying though. I think something about all the crazy hormones brings them on, though I haven't noticed any consistent patterns.

I used to get these on microgynon and also a couple of weeks post part I’m. I agree with pp that they’re hormonal, I did also have a ct head to rule out more sinister causes, especially being on the combined pill. Mine was all clear, it was just a precaution due to the clot risk, the machine only goes around your head, if they think there's a risk of scatter they will cover baby with a lead apron

I had this In the last 6 weeks of my first pregnancy. Went away as soon as he was born. The hospital said they were caused by all the hormones.

I've started having the exact same thing since I got pregnant, Dr just said to rest until it passes X but I'm only 11 weeks so they weren't worried about it being anything serious (pre eclampsia), kinda wish she had checked for gestational diabetes though as I'm also thirsty all the time and I wasn't exactly slim to begin with

Sounds like it's pretty common then. I wonder why my doctor acted like it was something she had never heard of? She is kind of new so maybe that's why. I kind of wish they weren't pushing the CT scan, but she kind of made me nervous about the whole thing. I guess we'll see how it goes.

I get them when pregnant and when not. I also got numbness on one side of my body and can’t talk and am very confused when they happen. My dr knows about these and has never said I can’t drive though. They are horrible but apparently not anything serious.

The numbness and confusion stuff sounds scary! Mine is purely visual. I'm not sure how long they will recommend not driving. Right now I've had 4 episodes in the last few days, and the last one happened while I was driving my kids. I can still see somewhat but parts of my vision are obscured which would make rush hour traffic a nightmare! I'm already going stir crazy though so I will probably start driving some if I stop having episodes for a while. I think they just want to play it safe until we have an idea of what's going on, but it's reassuring that this has happened to so many of you too! I thought for sure I was developing pre-e or even having a stroke the first time it happened. Pregnancy sure does some weird things to our bodies!

No advice, but I have the same too. Happened in my last pregnancy and had my first one the other day this pregnancy. I googled it last time, they’re also known as silent migraines. They are bizarre aren’t they. Def better having a silent migraine than an actual migraine hey x

They are definitely strange! This is my third pregnancy and I never had issues with my boys. This one is a girl but no clue if that makes any difference. Oh well, 8.5 more weeks of craziness haha

I didn’t have them with my son, but I did with my daughter. We are team yellow... interesting ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->