Vitamin B Complex Delaying ovulation?

laurac1988

Mummy to Eden
Reaction score
Has anyone else found that vitamin b complex has delayed their ovulation?
For the past few months I have ovulated around cd24, except for one cycle where it was cd18. This month it is cd25 and no sign yet! Cd26 +OPK used to be the norm for me, but hasn't been for a while
The only thing I've done differently is started taking a vitamin B complex. Has anyone else experienced b complex delaying their ovulation, or is this a fluke?

Ya, it does. I am happy I am not the only. I started taking B complex and I got my OPK on CD18. I usually get it on CD 14.
B6 lowers oestrogen levels. If you are deficient in B6 then adding it can be very beneficial as it is a necessary component to reproduction. Taking B6 vitamins will lengthen the luteal phase and lower high levels of prolactin which will increase progesterone levels. You need the high amount of progesterone to help a fertilised egg to implant. However, excess B6 (in B complex) can cause LUFS (Luteinized unruptured follicle syndrome). This is when ovulation is delayed, is poor quality or doesn’t happen. Every doctor seems to have a different opinion, but mine just told me to take it after O to menses.
Share this with your RE.

But b vitamins are water soluble. So you don't take in more than your body needs...

But b vitamins are water soluble. So you don't take in more than your body needs...
This is what I thought as well. I make sure B6 specifically is in my b-complex as it's helpful for my endometriosis-influenced AF cramps.

It delayed O for me. So I started taking half my usual dosage until O, then regular dosage after that. I O'd 2 days earlier this cycle than I did the last one, so I think that helped. I'm still in the TWW, so it's too soon to tell if it worked to lengthen LP.

Good luck :)

I've decided to stop taking it. A b complex encourages more estrogen production. I have PCOS and a lot of ladies with PCOS are estrogen dominant. Too much estrogen can delay or even stop ovulation. Assuming that is what has happened
Need to stop messing with vitamins!

Nope..l I'm wrong. Turns out it deactivates estrogen.

Again... I need to stop messing with vitamins!

I made my own b-complex for this reason. I take B-12 and Biotin all cycle and then B-6 only after O. I O late enough as it is I didn't want to do anything to push it back further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->