Vitamin D and infertility???

Rae.Rae

Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of research today on vitamins- and everything I have read regarding vitamin D has me running out right after work to get some! Anyone else have some positive and hopeful stories about vitamin D regulating cycles and achieving fertility?

I'm desperately hoping to be joining you ladies soon... I have a severely irregular and long cycle so I am praying vitamin D does the trick!!

I haven't heard anything about Vitamin D. Mine was on the extremely low side of normal at my first appointment, and I conceived ok, but it could be it would have caused trouble if it was lower. Can't hurt to take it, though! A lot of people are deficient.

My cycles weren't too weird, my luteal phase was just a bit short, and a B50 complex made a big difference for me. I ovulated a couple days earlier and conceived right away my first full cycle taking it.

Good luck to you!

Thank you! I plan on trying out a multivitamin with D3 vitamin. I haven't heard of the B50? I might ask my holistic doctor about that on my next visit. My cycles are EXTREMELY long- I've only had one period since March! :( Obviously, that makes ttc pretty difficult...

Definitely ask about the B50. I don't know what's making your cycles so long, obviously, but it's good for regulating luteal phase and cycle length. For me, that pushed ovulation up a couple days (from a typical day 17-19 down to day 15, I think?), and theoretically lengthened my luteal phase a couple days (I averaged about 9), giving a fertilized egg a better chance to implant. I didn't get a chance to test the luteal phase changes because I got pregnant, but it did everything else as advertised. Some women find that they need a B100 complex (higher amounts of the relevant vitamins), and some women of course need more help than B vitamins can give, but there's no risk, so why not try it?

I've heard good things about acupuncture, too, but needles and I don't get along, so I never got desperate enough to look into it.

Are you tracking when you ovulate with OPKs or temping? It might give you a better idea of what exactly is off in your cycles.

I track religiously every morning at 6:45am. My temps are pretty rocky, so it's incredibly confusing. I usually use an opk only if my cm turns to the watery side, instead of creamy, since my cycles are so long- I'd go through a lot if I did it very day or every other day!

Do you think I should wait until I meet with my holistic doctor to take the B50 vitamin or is that another one that can only help so I'd be okay taking it now?

Thanks for your help!!

From what I've read, the worst case scenario is it can make your cycles a little wacky. Since they're already wacky, I'd think it's worth the risk.

I definitely will be asking about the B50. I have been told before to use the "Farmer's regimen" of vitamin A, D, and, I think, E. One lady told me she used these vitamins for all three of her pregnancies after having a hard time conceiving for years. Then, once she was recommended that, she fell pregnant within two months each time she wanted to try for a baby! Hmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->