Vitamin question.....

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
Are store brand pretatal and dha supplement vitamins just as good as name brand or the stuff from whole foods stores ? The grocery store had their brand of dha omega 3 supplements buy 1 get 1free so I jumped ..... But now I'm worried they might not be as good as The others ?

The thing with store brand or cheaper brands of any vitamins is that 1) they tend to use more fillers, and 2) the so/so quality of the ingredients. I prefer to get mine from the health food store. They are more careful of what suppliers they get their products from. Even if they're not organic, they are good quality. I take megafood baby and me. They only thing I hate is that you're suppose to take 4 per day. I'm looking for one I like that I only have to take once.

Thanks !! I wondered about the fillers, didn't know if that counted for prenatals too lol. I just want to be as healthy as I can be.... My last baby had a rough 1st yr with endless medical issues..... I am really nervous this time around and just want to know I'm doing the best I can..... Since my last son I have started a clean diet for the most part and very cautious what I put into our bodies..... Since you are familiar with health food stores , do you by any chance know if chia seeds are ok during pregnancy? I like to put them in my smoothies for omega 3 , fiber, and protein.... I also buy granola bars with chia in them....is this ok?

I really wouldn't worry too much , at first I was buying the expensive vitamins, had loads of different vitamins in etc but they where giving me such bad head aches, so I decided I'd change to a different brand, but nope they where still giving me such a bad head. So in the end I spoke to my MW and she advised me that I should just take normal folic acid, and my head aches have gone now,

As long as your getting the vitamins you NEED I'm sure you'll be just fine.

minimum take a folic acid supplement, after that i checked here in the UK and the generic supermarket brand all have the same ingreidants in the same quantity as the expensive ones, I struggle to keep them down once i take them and take a iron infused water supplement ( spatone ) because my body doesnt tolerate iron tablets and Im normally anemic non pregnant so need to be taking extra supplements when I am pregnant.
At the moment I'm taking Pregnacare

I bought a store brand. It was the cheapest for the most pills. I bought it before realizing the need for a certain level of folic acid in it. Well luckily after reading up, it has the recommended level of Folic acid as well as other vitamins that I need. I also take an iron supplement given by my doctor, as I'm slightly anemic as well.

OTC and store brand prenatals are fine as long as they have the recommended level/dosage of vitamins for pregnant women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->