vitamin supplements

debzie

Mammy to two girls.
Reaction score
Hello all
I have been taking various prenatal and pregnancy vitamins since ttc last year. Every brand seem to have different. amounts of vitamins in them apart from the folic acid. Does anyone know what is the ideal amounts or a good brand to try. Also have read that taking such a high level of vit bs can cause problems long term?

Hi, I have been taking Pregnacare since TTC so for about 6 months, I was wondering whether to carry on taking them after just loosing a baby or whether to stop them for a while to clear my body! I'm sure that your body only keeps the amount of each vit it needs and the rest comes out in your bowl movements, you can't overload so to speak! I'm sure someone will be able to answer your question......

Thanks wish2 bemum and soo sorry for your loss. I have just continued taking them through everything. Would mame me cry picking them up each morning to take but i don't anymore. X

Hi hun,
Sorry I dont have an answer, I was actually wondering the same thing! It has been neary 1 year since my loss and I have started taking fertility plus supplements but they are £23 for 30 days worth! So I am switching to pregnacare next week when I run out! I am pretty healthy it just makes me feel like I am trying harder. It is true what was said above your body gets rid of any overload, my urine has been very bright whilst on fertilityplus! Even when fully hydrated! Good luck xx

I read that high doses of vit b can make your urine brigjt yellow so it could be that. I just bought a load of pregnancy vits when i miscarried so I'm about at the end of them. Would think that it is true that if your body doesnot need it it will just get rid of it. X

there are a few vitamins that you can "overdose" on.. Vit. A,D,E,K... they're stored in fat, so you dont want TOO much of them, the amt in your prenatals should be fine... the rest of the vitamins are stored in water in your body, so if there is too much it will just come out in your urine. Thats what they tought us in nursing school, hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->