Vitamins and supplements?

PnkPolkaDots

Reaction score
Hey ladies! I have a while until TTC, but I want to do everything I can for a quick bfp and sticky baby when we do! :cloud9:

I want to work out a vitamin plan before we start trying. Is anyone else planning to take supplements before? What do you plan on taking and how much? How soon before trying will you start taking them?

Thanks. :flower:

Hey, with ds I took folic acid and iron for 5months before conception.

This time we are giving gender swaying a go. (Mostly for fun as we'd be happy with either but wouldlove one of each)

So I have been taking folic acid and iron for two months already and have started taking calcium and magnesium this past week. We are ttc in july.

It has been good I have taken iron beforehand and during as with my last pregnancy even taking iron my iron levels were only just in the "ok" range. But that is a tablet that was personal to me. Its worth getting a set ofbloods done if you can so they can check if you are on the lower side of anything so you can start to combat it now. (As the baby drains a lot of the vitimins and minerals)

Xxx

We're going to start ttc in late july/early august and i am going to buy my vitamins today. Although i feel like i could have even started taking them already.
Folic acid and a multivitamin, but one with relatively little vitamin A, as too much of that can harm the baby during pregnancy.

I'm also getting a multivitamin for OH to take. He doesn't really eat fruits and veggies a lot and especially Vitamins B and C are important for healthy sperm that doesn't clot too fast.
:)

We've been planning to start trying for another since last September, except I keep changing my mind. :haha: Now we're set for this September as long as hubby is around to do his part. I've never stopped taking a prenatal after I had DD, so right now I'm taking a multi prenatal and a B12 vitamin daily (based on this study - it worked with DD!).

Multi prenatal

B12

We've been planning to start trying for another since last September, except I keep changing my mind. :haha: Now we're set for this September as long as hubby is around to do his part. I've never stopped taking a prenatal after I had DD, so right now I'm taking a multi prenatal and a B12 vitamin daily (based on this study - it worked with DD!).

Multi prenatal

B12

You got lucky with your baby lol! I was given injections of vitamin b12 throughout my entire pregnancy (every week!) and took prenatals and folic acid and I still ended up with a baby who screamed non stop for the first 4 months... :dohh:
I will be taking the same combo of supplements this time around and will start about 2-3 months before starting ttc

hi! :wave:
DH and I are taking supplements too. He's taking a multivitamin called "vitamin code for Men". I really like vitamin code and have been using it for myself for years. back in April, i started taking the prenatal one. it's supposed to be an organic raw food vitamin, so i really like that. I'm also taking Nordic Naturals blue green algae omega 3 DHA and EPA. I think that about covers what we'll be taking in terms of vitamins..

I've just started taking pregnacare for conception....3 days in. I decided it was easier to get a multi vitamin with the required folic acid.

I'm just taking a good women's multivitamin.

I started taking a prenatal earlier in May, and got my OH on a multivitamin for men. He's a super-picky eater, so i think a multi-vite is going to be crucial for him to make sure he's not deficient in anything. We're neither of us at a super-healthy weight, and he's got some health issues of his own, so I'm hoping that the things we can control, like food and vitamins, will help to pick up some of the slack.

Last time I took a pregnancy multivitamin from 6 months before and I'll do the same again next time. I use Solgar Prenatal Vitamins. They are much better quality than some of the normal brands you can just pick up in the drug store and they have a gentle form of iron. I started on Pregnacare last time and they gave me such bad stomach pains that they thought I had an ulcer and sent me for an endoscopy (where they shove a camera into your stomach). I finally realised the pain started like 4 days after I started on the vitamins (after like 4 months of misery), so I stopped them and within a week I felt great again. So definitely a big fan of the Solgar ones. In the UK, I buy them on Amazon. That's all I took ahead of TTC.

Once I was pregnant, I added a daily vitamin C tablet and some fish oil capsules. I'll also add in some extra iron this time (Spatone and Floravital, which is high potency Floradix) because I became anaemic after I had my daughter and it was misery, so hopefully trying to prevent that next time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->