vitamins....

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
does anyone take any and for what??? i have horrible dry skin and was wondering what would help!!!!

Was told that pumpkin seeds were good for dry skin. Also told to use evening primose oil on the skin. My son has epaderm cream for his skin. Its looks like solid vaseline but it works really well for his eczema.

Saw today that omega 3 is supposed to be good for eczema so it might be worth trying that as a supplement.

can supposedly get from a form of nut sure what will have to look as my ds has fish allergy

It is flaxseed that is a source of omega 3. I will try and get some from healthfood shop for ds and maybe try and grind them up into a smoothie or something.

dry skin can be caused by a number of things in your diet. ost commonly are the following:
Lack of Zinc - This affects the circulation and leads to dry skin. (lily to be this is you also tend to find you have cold hands or feet)
Lack of B Vitamins - used for metabolising fats. Its likly to be this if it comes on like eczema/dermatitis that are brought on by stress
And also Caused by low levels of Folic Acid.

Its also made worse by having a guten heavy and dariy heavy diet as this can inflame it further.

What is your diet like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"