Vitex and first pregnancy

melywely

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am about 6 weeks pregnant with my first. Prior to getting pregnant I have had very bad ovary pain for about a year. I had an ultrasound done and no cysts were found but the doctor said I had a lot of follicles whatever that means. He basically told me to take some tylenol and come back if the pain gets worse. The tylenol wasn't really helping 100% -- pain went away for a little bit but I still had this heavy pressure type pain in my right ovary. Anyways -- my acne started to get worse and I seriously needed to do something about it. After doing some research I came across Vitex. Amazing herb, it helped my acne and my ovary pain went away. I was taking 1-2 pills per day (250-500mg). I found out I was pregnant and I stopped taking it for a few days. The ovary pain came back so I started taking 1 pill per day again. No pain.

My question is -- does anyone have any experience with taking this pill during pregnancy? What was your dosage? Any suggestions to 'wean' off of it?
Thank you!

I took vitex to conceive as I don't ovulate on my own. I took 1600mg/day through 12 weeks then went down by 1 pill (my pills were 400mg each) a week so I was off them by 16 weeks I believe. No issue. I continued through the first trimester as I was on a high dose (with PCOS you need a higher dose for it to work) and a sudden stop can cause a miscarriage as the vitex works by "fixing" your hormones. So suddenly stops it can really mess them up if your body truly needed help getting your hormones back in sync.

I'm not sure if, with the low dose you were on, a sudden stop would do much. I will say I had ovary pain for weeks after I got my bfp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->