Vitex how long did it take you to ovulate or get Af? I'm CD209! :(

Missbx

Reaction score
Hello has anyone taken vitex in the middle of a cycle I'm cd209 and got Af or ovulation and how soon after?

I haven't had Af in 7 months :cry:

Come off bc in June 2012 my cycles as follows..
53 -First Soy Isoflavones- 100mg cd-1-3 &200mg cd4-5
Now on cd209 - 2nd soy isoflavones cycle 100mg cd2 & 200mg cd3-6

Started vitex tincture 2 days ago x

Vitex generally is thought to take about three months to have an effect, but that's the capsules: tincture may work sooner.

If it's been that long though, you might want to go and see your gynae: your cycles should regulate after taking the pill, not get longer. There may be something else going on which you want sorting.

Were you the 1 who was taking BC for a withdrawal bleed? I assume you've stopped now?

I had a 134day cycle after having my implant in and took 1600mg of vitex a day for the last 3 weeks of thatm I got frustrated that it wasnt making a difference and added in 1500mg a day of Dong Quai and AF started 3 days later. I then had a 52 day and 45 day cycle (neither of which I O'd in) and then they nornalised around 23 days with O on CD6

As PP said though, 209 days is stupidly long. Especially because your cycles immediately after BC we're relatively normal. If you havent seen your GP I definitely would. And if you have! Go back and see them again. As far as I know, 3-6 months without a period is a big red flag for PCOS.

good luck, I hope things sort themselves out soon. Though I would say before trying ANYTHING else, see your GP as with soy iso, vitex (which I have heard actually have opposite effects - though im not sure its true) BCP etc your body is probably pretty confused!

Soy iso can screw up a cycle big time. It did the same to me, not that long but it made it 7 weeks long. And clomid did the same on 100mg dose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->