Vitex in first trimester

Barhanita

Reaction score
Hello girls.

After two very early loses I decided to take action, since doctors are very passive.

Before my ovulation and up till today I have been taking Vitex. Yesterday I got bfp at ~3w3d. I am planning to stay on it throughout my first trimester. The reason is because I feel like I have a progesterone issue (I had it very low when I was 16, and during my second miscarriage). Does anyone have experience with taking Vitex while pregnant?

Hello girls.

After two very early loses I decided to take action, since doctors are very passive.

Before my ovulation and up till today I have been taking Vitex. Yesterday I got bfp at ~3w3d. I am planning to stay on it throughout my first trimester. The reason is because I feel like I have a progesterone issue (I had it very low when I was 16, and during my second miscarriage). Does anyone have experience with taking Vitex while pregnant?

I too have had 2 very early mc and I believe mine were low progesterone issues also due to my tubal reversal. I'm currently on CD 10 and started Vitex on CD 7. DO you think the Vitex helped with getting the BFP? I curious as to what others say... Good luck to you !!

Good luck to you in getting BFP!

Honestly, I think I can get pregnant if you show me a penis from the other side of a room. Really... Keeping babies a problem... So I don't think Vitex helped me to get pregnant, but I hope it will help me to stay pregnant.

Good luck to you in getting BFP!

Honestly, I think I can get pregnant if you show me a penis from the other side of a room. Really... Keeping babies a problem... So I don't think Vitex helped me to get pregnant, but I hope it will help me to stay pregnant.

LOL, that is how I was prior to getting my tubes tied, I didnt have ANY problems getting pregnant or staying pregnant. But, since the TR which was done in Feb of this year I got pg in July, lost it and then in Sept I took clomid that didnt work and then in Oct I got pg but lost it.

I am sorry to hear about all your loses. I hope you will get pregnant soon and stay pregnant. And I home vitex will help both of us.

I am sorry to hear about all your loses. I hope you will get pregnant soon and stay pregnant. And I home vitex will help both of us.

Thanks :) How long have you been trying? Do you have any kids already?

no, no kids. I haven't been trying actually. Every time we are not careful with preventing I get pregnant. And all the times before I lost my babies... hope this one sticks.

I am also taking vitex which has been prescribed by a herbalist for me. I have had irregular periods and was put on it to try and regulate them and assist in getring pregnant. I am now 5w2d and have been recomeded that I keep taking it until at least 12 weeks although she has not explained to me why!

I suffered a mmc in June which was not discovered until my 12 week scan although the baby died at 7 weeks. I am not sure obviously if it is going to help this little bean to stick but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck x

Good luck! I am at 3w5d, and not even sure yet if the pregnancy is ok now. But I am trying not to lose hope and believe in Vitex.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/684572-vitex-during-pregnancy.html

here was a thread on this subject from here a while back that might be helpful for you.
I was kinda curious as to why you aren't on progesterone supplements as I know those can help with the low progesterone problems. I have low progesterone and was on the supplements from week 5 to 11. Just wondering.
Congrats on your BFP and hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Thank you!

My doctor says that there is no evidence that progesterone can help if taken after bfp. So she wouldn't prescribe it to me :-(

How many mg did you take of vitex? And how did you wean off of it in the 1st trimester?

I've had 2 early losses. I do not know the issue but I am unable to see a Dr. until I've had 3 losses.

I took fertility blend (contained vitex) from ovulation until around 8 weeks or so. I was scared to take it and scared to stop. I did wean off by cutting down. I ended up with a subchorionic hemorrhage at 11 weeks and it was rather large. I'm not for sure if it was caused by the fertility blend or not. I'm 17 weeks now and everything seems fine now.

Hello girls.

Yep, I took it for 2 months before and am continuing (at a lower dose though) to take it through the first trimester. That is just my choice based on my independent research of chasteberry and the benefits it can provide. And yes, the bottle says do not take in pregnancy but I think that warning was there for liability purposes. I've spoken to some naturopaths and herbalists who are also midwives and got their blessing in continuing to take it for the first trimester, though after 9 weeks I will slowly lower my dose down more and more until I am off of it entirely.

Hello girls.

Yep, I took it for 2 months before and am continuing (at a lower dose though) to take it through the first trimester. That is just my choice based on my independent research of chasteberry and the benefits it can provide. And yes, the bottle says do not take in pregnancy but I think that warning was there for liability purposes. I've spoken to some naturopaths and herbalists who are also midwives and got their blessing in continuing to take it for the first trimester, though after 9 weeks I will slowly lower my dose down more and more until I am off of it entirely.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! :) And thank you so much for your response. This is what I'm going to do... Take Vitex. Were you ever worried that it'd mess up your cycles?

My journey has been.

Cycle 1: 7 weeks PP, 10 day LP
Cycle 2: Quit trying for 2 months, 11 day LP
Cycle 3: 8 day LP
Cycle 4: Loss 4w5d
Cycle 5: 8 day LP
Cycle 6: Loss 5w4d
Cycle 7: Now

Hello girls.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! :) And thank you so much for your response. This is what I'm going to do... Take Vitex. Were you ever worried that it'd mess up your cycles?

My journey has been.

Cycle 1: 7 weeks PP, 10 day LP
Cycle 2: Quit trying for 2 months, 11 day LP
Cycle 3: 8 day LP
Cycle 4: Loss 4w5d
Cycle 5: 8 day LP
Cycle 6: Loss 5w4d
Cycle 7: Now

No it didn't mess up my cycles, I feel it made them better/easier...like I was having issues with late ovulation and short luteal phase (which can be the cause early miscarriage). My LP was so short my last bean couldn't latch onto my uterus properly. I also noticed that my PMS was greatly reduced.

Still waiting to see how this pregnancy turns out for me but so far so good! I'm hopeful. :)

Good luck! I've heard of vitex/chasteberry doing wonders for cycles, fertility and helping a pregnancy stick, which is why I knew (after 2 losses) I had to try it. The cycle I conceived my LP had lengthened significantly, to 13 days.

How did you know it lengthened your cycles? I can't tell my lp length on cycles I conceived. As AF was 5 days late, then 12 days late.

But, I'm definitely giving vitex a try and I'm sure your bean is sticking! :) :) :)

Well, I'm taking 1200mg vitex and have been since 1dpo... Got my BFP today and I'm not sure when I will start cutting back...

I just hope this bean sticks!!

Another story from me..

I continued taking it until I was about 8 weeks. I also had a short lp and low progesterone.. I did wean off slowly because I was scared to take it but also scared not to take it. I developed a SCH (subchorionic hemorrhage) at 11 weeks and had massive bleed that lasted 3 weeks. Everything turned out fine but I think I came off too early. So I would definitely recommend continuing through the 1st trimester until the placenta is fully formed. I've read several stories of ladies who took it up until Bfp and had a miscarriage a few weeks later. Just my experience and 2 cents.

Thank you. I'm thinking I will take it until 10-12 weeks. When did you start weaning off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->