Vitex in first trimester

It regulated my cycles and helped with my ovuation tremendously. I took it through the first trimester and our baby girl is doing wonderfully!

I will add my story: I took Vitex through the first trimester and slowly wean myself off it. My baby girl is turning 6 months tomorrow!

Thanks ladies! I'm having a hard time of it. 4 weeks today and soooo scared of another early loss. I'm hoping this baby sticks. Thanks for updating with your stories.

I felt that too when I first got BFP. So freaked out at the thought of losing another. Around 7 weeks all my anxiety just melted away and I felt a lot calmer.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking for advice on continuing Vitex through the first trimester. I alternate taking 1200 mg and 800 mg each day. Did you lower the dosage when you got your BFP, or did you wait until later? When did you start tapering and what dosages did you take?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking for advice on continuing Vitex through the first trimester. I alternate taking 1200 mg and 800 mg each day. Did you lower the dosage when you got your BFP, or did you wait until later? When did you start tapering and what dosages did you take?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

I am taking Femaprin (spell?) and it's only 400mg Vitex daily, in one pill. Or something like that, haven't read the bottle in awhile since I am on cycle day 43 now and I took it starting CD 1. I noticed while taking it made me ovulate way sooner, and I actually felt ovulation. I got my BFP first cycle trying with it (however, this was also our first month trying, but I've been charting my cycles since January). My LP before Vitex was only 9-11 days, IDK how long it is now since I actually got pregnant.

Anyways, besides the horrible body acne which comes and goes, I LOVE vitex! I've been taking the same dose of Vitex each day and won't be doing any messing with it till at least 13 weeks. I am 5w 5d today. Some women may feel better about getting off vitex sooner than that, but because I know it helped my body so much just TTC, I feel if I got off too soon I have a higher chance of having bad effects from it. I don't see a harm in taking it every day so in my opinion ya might as well just stay on it just in case. Good luck!

Thank you very much for the info.

My LP had always been pretty regular 13-14 days, but in February of this year, it started going crazy. I started Vitex on May 1st. I immediately went back to a 14-day LP, and this month (2nd cycle on Vitex), I got my BFP. I definitely feel like it helped regulate my hormones and that I should keep taking it.

I am taking vitex (and have done so for a month before getting pregnant). My progesterone tested very low, only 7 ng/ml that went up to 8 ng/ml in 48 hours, but I am not taking progesterone supplements. I am only taking about 160 mg a day + 2 cups of vitex tea, but I'm also taking B6 to further help with progesterone. Fingers crossed. I'll take it throughout the first trimester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->