Vitex?

ace28

TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi there,

I just wanted to pop in and ask if anyone here has bee on Vitex before. I'm in the midst of my first cycle postpartum and am having an unusually long cycle, looking for methods of regulating it to hopefully speed up our TTC 2.0 process.

I've had super long cycles before, when we were TTC our first, and we ended up using Clomid on those cycles and getting pregnant first Clomid cycle. I would love to do clomid again but insurance won't cover it. However, I've read that vitex is basically a natural clomid and that it can increase LH production and help balance extra estrogen- which I believe might be causing my long cycles.

So, anyone used it? Side effects? Happy/bad stories?

Particularly interested to know if anyone had started it mid cycle and with what effects.

Thanks!

I used vitex to regulate my periods and make them less painful for a few months and then I stopped it for a few months before I got pregnant. I have no idea if that played a role, I was also really bad at remembering to take it, which isn't good for your hormones. Lol I wonder if I actually did more harm than good! But my cycles did become regular after that, or MORE regular I should say, they weren't like clockwork like some women's are but they were less all over the place and less painful usually. Hope that helps! Also I'm told that you should remember to take them at the same time every day and don't stop them cold turkey, so don't do what I did lol, and you'll probably have better results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->