Vodafone?

Mummy2109

Reaction score
Wasn't sure if anyone was able to help me but my partner has been with Vodafone for about a year now, he's had a few problems with them but they've always managed to sort it out. Last week he then got a message from them saying they're going to reduce his internet from 750mb to 250mb... I told him they can't do that as its breach of contract. Are they allowed to do that?

Does he use all his mb's?

V xxx

Id ring them because if hes paying for 750mb then surely they cant just reduce it

I wouldnt have thought they could do it if hes paying for them :shrug:

Perhaps he should ring them? It may be a mistake x x

Vodafone are reworking their contracts and 250mb is now the 'standard'.

If he is still in contract with them then they can't downgrade him, if his contract has expired then they can.

Quite often though, the only reason they would reduce the usage is if he wasn't using it all.

I would call and check it out.

You say he sometimes goes over his allowance, can he not use Wifi to reduce his usage? (nothing to do with the question though.)

Vodafone are reworking their contracts and 250mb is now the 'standard'.

If he is still in contract with them then they can't downgrade him, if his contract has expired then they can.

Quite often though, the only reason they would reduce the usage is if he wasn't using it all.

I would call and check it out.

You say he sometimes goes over his allowance, can he not use Wifi to reduce his usage? (nothing to do with the question though.)

Yeah he's contract doesn't end til october, they always text him saying hes gone over his usage so he ends up paying an extra £25 each month even though I use more internet on my phone and never go over. I will call them later and find out what they're playing at :)

They can't do that mid contract. I'd personally remind them that if they want to do that then they should reduce you payments or they can leave it as it is currently. If they don't agree tell them you're moving to a different provider as they have broken the contract you initially signed up to making it void.

Unfortunately they can - it'll be in the small print of his contract, but if they are restructuring all of their tariffs and 250 is now 'standard' then they will be within their rights :( Vodafone wouldn't make a blunder like this.

If he pays an extra £25 a month sometimes for his overusage, maybe he should just pay an extra £5 for the unlimited internet usage bundle or go up to the next tariff? x

They can, Orange recently upped the price of contracts for all, even those mid-way through. It'll all be covered in contracts and clauses. Think about it, there is no way a big company like Vodaphone will break rules/laws on such a major scale without consulting their lawyers etc. I'm with them but not had a txt yet and I'm one of the few with unlimited Internet (rare as hens teeth!) but moving away when contracts up next month as they can't offer me a good sim only as I'm keeping my handset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->